Solved Trying to provision a yealink W52P

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jayson@brctrucks.com, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayson@brctrucks.com

I'm trying to use the Yealink W52P as just a simple extension. I have several windows clients up and running but this is my first actual DECT VOIP phone I'm trying to add. There's a nice write up that I followed exactly ( https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-dect-w52p/ ) . Now the phone shows up in 3cx as "new", as in my picture, and that's it. It's not in the "phone" list in extension settings or anything, since you add it as an FXS/DECT and not as an actual "phone". So I'm not quite sure where to go from here. I'm sure I'm just missing something very basic, I'm just not sure what that is. If anyone could point me in a direction would be much appreciated. thanks

3CX Phone System Management Console.png

2. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

You should be able to highlight the phone, and hit Add Extension to create an extension for the phone, or hit Assign Extension to assign an existing extension to the phone.

Truth be told, I have never used this functionality. I've always registered an extension manually by creating an extension in 3CX, and using the Username and Password on the main extension screen to populate the required information in the Accounts tab in the WebUI of the phone itself.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @jayson@brctrucks.com

Did you populate all empty extension slots while you were configuring the phone? If not then please navigate to FXS/DECT edit your w52 phone and navigate to extensions. Populate all fields there and try provisioning the phone again as shown in the guide.
    Let us know if that works

4. jayson@brctrucks.com

Seeing as a W52P is under FXS/DECT now and not in the list of "Phones" is there still a way to manually configure this phone? Also the only field lit up on the "Phones" page is "reject" so I can't "Assign Extension" or anything like that.
    Just found this page today though ( https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...-removed-yealink-sip-w52p-provisioning.46629/ So this makes me think there are lots of bugs they created in V15 since they changed how multi-line phones like this work.
    Thanks for the response though

5. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

Hey sorry, never done this as dect before, only used the phones tab.

Where it's a portable phone without BLFs, I would just register the phone manually in the webUI.

Capture.PNG

6. jayson@brctrucks.com

All seems well now in v15 sp5 =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.