Trying to reproduce Rings from current KCU

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tjabaut, Aug 19, 2007.

1. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

I have a client that has a current Avaya KSU and I need to reproduce they way they currently have inbound calls ring.

they have 2 receptionists, usally only one in at a time. When an inbound call comes in it rings both phones; however here is the tricky part; all other phones also ring but at a more silent ring volume. They are able to see the line ringing and if no-one answers they then answer the call.

I thought I might be able to handle with different call tones or something, but I am stuck on exactly how to accomplish this.

As I understand now their is no shared line appearance, so they will not be able to see if JohnDoe is currently on a call.

Please help as I would really like to get this working for them. They have already signed up to e converted over, but I know this will be a real problem for them unless I can come up with something.

2. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Why don't you have the first 2 phones ringing in a separate ringgroup, and if they nobody picksup, then its forwarded to another ringgroup with other extensions that can possibly pickup. And set the timeout to 10-15 seconds so that if after 10-15 seconds first 2 extensions don't pickup, its forwarded to others?

Regards

3. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

Thanks Costas,

Thats exactly what I am doing in testing. I was just looking to see if there was a way to ring maybe 2 groups simultaneously, then possibly utilize different ring tones on the second group.