Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Trying to reproduce Rings from current KCU

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tjabaut, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

I have a client that has a current Avaya KSU and I need to reproduce they way they currently have inbound calls ring.

they have 2 receptionists, usally only one in at a time. When an inbound call comes in it rings both phones; however here is the tricky part; all other phones also ring but at a more silent ring volume. They are able to see the line ringing and if no-one answers they then answer the call.

I thought I might be able to handle with different call tones or something, but I am stuck on exactly how to accomplish this.

As I understand now their is no shared line appearance, so they will not be able to see if JohnDoe is currently on a call.

Please help as I would really like to get this working for them. They have already signed up to e converted over, but I know this will be a real problem for them unless I can come up with something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Why don't you have the first 2 phones ringing in a separate ringgroup, and if they nobody picksup, then its forwarded to another ringgroup with other extensions that can possibly pickup. And set the timeout to 10-15 seconds so that if after 10-15 seconds first 2 extensions don't pickup, its forwarded to others?

Regards

3. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

Thanks Costas,

Thats exactly what I am doing in testing. I was just looking to see if there was a way to ring maybe 2 groups simultaneously, then possibly utilize different ring tones on the second group.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.