• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Tunnel App disconnects when running in the background

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicloverlch

Reaction score
I have just set up my iPhone tunnel and when I click it starts right up and says connected. Then I open my 3CX iPhone 12 app and it says "On Hook" and I can do everything. The problem I am having is that when the tunnel app moves into the background it disconnects after a few minutes. How can I keep the tunnel connected? I don't see it listed in the "Background App Refresh" section as an app I can tell it to remain open in the background. How am I supposed to receive phone calls when the tunnel is always disconnected? I am very frustrated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

This is what the maunual says:
"According to Apple iOS app standards, every time you press the home screen, and the application goes to the background, 3CXPhone for iPhone will go into background mode and must unregister. 3CX Tunnel will go in the background as well and will remain active for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, 3CX Tunnel will be terminated by iOS. This is an iOS standard procedure to preserve battery life."

Solution:
Use the Apple Push Notification Service feature.

I have the push notification configured already. I do see when a phone call comes in, but no matter how fast I enable the tunnel and open the app, I always miss the call. Is the push notification supposed to allow me to pick up the call?

Thanks for responding.

Hi,

And the manual continues:
“The use of the combination of Apple Push Service and the 3CXTunnel at the same time is not recommended as the tunnel needs to be started before the call can be picked up from the Push Message. This means that if 3CXPhone has been idle for more than 10 minutes, you will need to do the following:

1. Launch the 3CX Tunnel app.
2. Confirm that it is started and connected. If the status is "stopped" click on ‘Start’ and wait until the status changes to "Connected".
3. Launch 3CXPhone and after a successful registration, you can proceed and make your calls.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.