• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Tunnel configuration with third party client software

Status
Not open for further replies.

macaffi666

Reaction score
Good morning,

I would like to configure a tunnel from external extension toward a 3CX server, using third party software (i.e. NOT the 3cx client software). The reason is to use external extension also on Linux clients, PDAs, etc.

For instance, let's take the popular X-lite VOIP client software.

THere is a X-Tunnel section in the X-lite configuration which seems the right place. It asks for the server hostname, a username (what is the username?) a password (I guess the password set on the server), an X-tunnel Challenge algorithm (choice are SHA1 or MD5) and an X-Tunnel Encryption (choices are none, Triple DES, AES 128, AES 192, AES 256).

Which is the correct configuration?
m.

No, we do not use X-Tunnel. Our tunnel uses proprietary protocol. You can configure Tunnel using 3CXTunnel.ini file, but we aren't ready to provide any documentation on it. It was not intended to configure it manually, so you can just try it at your risk.

Actually, if you run the tunnel on another machine (install 3CX Voip Client on another machine), then you should be able to use the tunnel just by specifying the IP of the VOIP client machine as the proxy on the machine you wish to use as a client to the tunnel. Rather like using a hardware SIP phone, see this FAQ

http://www.3cx.com/support/3cx-tunnel.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.