Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Tunnel Configuration

Discussion in 'Windows' started by HatchITMan, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HatchITMan

I use the Voip client from many different networks. The tunnel works very well, once the 'use tunnel of' field has been completed. If this is set to '127.0.0.1' it will change to the address found for the computer on the local network. When I move to another network the client will not connect, until the 'use tunnel' field is changed again.

Is there a way round this that I have missed? If not, would it not be possible to add a tick box on the login page to say, "If using tunnel, then use the tunnel of this computer" which forces it to use the address that the computer has been allocated on the current network. Otherwise, could the '127.0.0.1' address be the signal that this is what I want to do?

I am using Client 4492 with XP, a similar problem seems to occur with Vista.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Same here. I'm always on the move and everywhere I go, I need to do the steps you told when I want to connect the soft phone. I also always use the "127.0.0.1" because it makes everything easier, but I always need to write it. I have not found a way to fix this.

This problem is not OS related (I supose), since all tested OS did the same.

It would be a nice idea to check this in the future versions and it would not be that hard to implement I think since all is needed to do, is to use the loopback IP "127.0.0.1" and the program automaticaly detects the IP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.