Tunnel Installation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AndreasMetal, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndreasMetal

Hello!

I have installed a 3CX.

I need 3 local extensions and I need 4 "tunnelled".

To set my extensions I use this for "Server" or "Registrar": 192.xxx.xxx.24:5060

It is a local ip.

Please anyone, if you can, say me step by step all steps that I need do to run Tunnel.

The local extensions are number: 100, 125,144

The tunnelled are 105,106,107,108

105 and 100 may be to a ring group. (804)
    106 may be to another group. (805)
    107 and 125 may be to another group (806)
    108 and 144 are self-served phones, i mean that they don't join any ring group.

Thanks!

2. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Here, I configured my clients with tunneling using this information...

http://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/

I guess that gives enough information for you to get your clients to work using the tunnel. And don't forget that you need to know both the private and the public IP to access your 3CX Server (private: 192.xxx.xxx.24 - public: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).

Connecting clients through a tunnel can get tricky and you may have problems doing it, in case it doesn't work, just tell and we'll help you further than the info privided by 3CX.

3. AndreasMetal

In "use tunnel of host" I insert my no-ip.org dynamic dns or my ip.
    in Remote end of tunnel I insert the local 3cx sip address: 192.168.178.24:5060
    in password I write the password, that I set.

the other person, in other location, insert the same things, that i insert.

I dosn't work.

Please help.

Thanks!

4. AndreasMetal

Hey

Please help!

This:

"Configuring the 3CX Phone Client as a proxy

1. Install the 3CX Phone Client to the PC.
    2. To configure the 3CX Softphone to connect via the tunnel you need to start off by creating a new profile from the File > Connections > Add connection option.
    3. In the IP or FQDN field, enter the internal IP address of your 3CX Server.
    4. In the Extension and Pin fields enter your extension number and PIN code as assigned by the 3CX Server Administrator.

5. Click on the’Tunnel’ tab.
    6. Enable the check box called ‘Use Tunnel to connect to 3CX Phone System’.
    7. In the ‘Remote end of tunnel’ enter the Public IP address of the Remote 3CX Phone System.
    8. In the ‘Use Tunnel of host’ enter the local ip address of the PC you are running the 3CX Phone Client on. (Note: as you enter this the field underneat is greyed out and locked.)
    9. In the ‘Tunnel Password’ enter the password you set in step 1 of the previous section of this FAQ.
    10. Click Close.

11. Click on File > Login and choose the newly created profile and click OK.
    12. You should now be connected to the tunnel."

Is for the remote pc or the pc running the 3CX Phone system?

-------------------------

In the pc running the phone system I have one VoIP Client int. number 100. I have disabled Tunnel in Voip Client.
    My settings are these: http: //imageshack.gr/files/j0h136audsmtzy3seyjo.png

In ip or fqdn I set my local 3CX IP
    In extension my settings
    Tunnel = Disabled

Other person:

[img]http: //imageshack.gr/files/l3pxuon2kz96n6nhfeke.png

In ip or fqdn my local 3cx ip.
    In extension his settings
    In tunnel

Use tunnel of host: My public ip address (i have deleted it for security;))
    Remote end of tunnel: My local ip address (3cx local ip address)
    In tunnel password: tunnels password, that i set from my pc running phonesystem.

Remote person haven't any more softphone or hardphone and want talk vie VoIP Client.

Thanks for all!

The remote person has int. number 125. He sets the following:

5. AndreasMetal

Hey..

Please help me :oops: :cry:

Thanks!

6. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Here's a few steps of what I do when configuring a client with tunnel... Hope these will help you a bit (sorry, I don't have pics).

- First, put the private IP of your server. (192.xxx.178.24 in your case, there's no need to specify the port like you did).

- Go to the STUN tab --> remove the check in the "Use STUN..." checkbox.

- Go to the Tunnel tab --> check "Use tunnel to connect..." --> enter the IP of the client's computer (the loopback IP wich is 127.0.0.1 works the best for me at this step) in the "Use tunnel of host" textbox --> write your tunnel password in "Tunnel Password" textbox

- Now you need to click on "Reconnect", and on "Close". You can try connecting, but may get problems like the ones that I get. Most of the time, I won't be able to connect, I have to go back to the settings, put the loopback IP (127.0.0.1) again and click "Reconnect" again and then click "Close" another time. After that, I usualy get able to connect with the client using the tunnel.

Hope that works for you like it did for me. I have made a PDF step-by-step tutorial with pictures to make this connection, but I did it in French, because all of my users are French. I could maybe translate it and post it here, but it's not the best, because I get problems with my config just like I told you. Anyway, have fun trying.

7. AndreasMetal

;)

Thanks a lot!

But..one more question..

The 3rd party what should enter?

Thanks!

8. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Huh, sorry, but I don't quite understand what you just asked me.

And by the way, the configuration I told you about is probably not the only way to make it work, it's just the way I finally managed to make it work after many minutes trying.

9. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Just wondering... Did you finaly have been able to make the tunnel configuration work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.