tunnel works 100% NOW

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by landfiets, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landfiets

landfiets New Member

I installed the new 5.1
    So far so good. Some things are not fixed yet, like the unregistered extension forwarding etc.

But, where can I find the Tunnel?
    And how does it work?
    What should I do to use it?

Really no idea, allthoug I need it for a external extension.
    Maybe it sounds stupid but I really cannot find it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nicktgr15

Re: tunnel

yes...some guidelines would be welcome :-D

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Could you please specify scenario for "unregistered extension forwarding" case and add description of "etc".

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. landfiets

landfiets New Member

unregistered forwarding. When in DR I want to transfer to an unregistered extension which is forwarderded to an outside number it doesnt work. Also when I put in the box "enable" for all calls forwarding to outside number.
    I really need that but it's not working.

The etc. is the firewall test which still fails allthough all the ports are right. Nat communication with 3CX is not really working like it seems.

tunnel isnt clear to me how it works. what i should do etc. in the manual i cannot find anything on this.
    the only thing i find is when i want a tunnel between 2 3cx phonesystems. But I only want one phone to go through the tunnel to my 3CX phonesystem. the thing I also find in the manual is that there should be somehting in "firewall options" where you can define a port for a tunnel. Sorry, when I look into 5.1 there's no possibillity in "firewall options" to set a tunnel port or something.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Let's start from this point.

Please provide your "firewall test" log.
    Why do you think that port are right?
    Why do you think that NAT communication (what kind of communication do you mean?) is not really working with 3CX and how it should work?

Thanks

6. jantoney

Hey all,

TUNNELING is done by placing the external IP of your 3CX box into the 'OUTBOUND PROXY' on your hardphone.
    The default port used for tunneling is 5090.

Let us know if you get it working...

also re the 'unregistered extension forwarding' issue.... you should realy start another post about this with that as the subject!

7. landfiets

landfiets New Member

okay, so ONLY the external (WAN) Ip adress of the server/network where an external extension wants to log in to?
    Should I put the port number 5090 somewhere in the hardphone?
    Or will 3CX automatically listen on that port as soon as an external extensions with the outboundproxy tries to go into the server.
    Where can I change the listenport for the tunnel when I want to?

8. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Jay thanks for testing !! We keep in touch. TUNNEL is 100%
    Jay will tell you how it works.

9. jantoney

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.