• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Tunnel works 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

jantoney

Reaction score
Well lets not all be negative!...

I have been contacted by landfiets via MSN today (tonight for him) and we did a little testing with the tunnel.
He has a 3CX server in Nieuweschans (Netherlands) and I am in Adelaide (Australia)

On his router he opened up port 5090 (default tunnel port) and forwarded it to his 3CX server.
He then setup an extension for me and gave me the username/password/external IP.

On the Linksys SPA9xx phones you go...
- ADMIN login
- Advanced
- EXT 1
- Fill in the following fields
---> SIP PORT = 5060
---> PROXY = External IP
---> OUTBOUND PROXY = External IP
---> USE OUTBOUND PROXY = YES
---> USER ID = Extension Number
---> PASSWORD = Password for the extension

Press save all changes and the phone reboots.
First time it connected to his 3CX server and i dialed his internal extension.

THE CALL QUALITY WAS 100% with very very very little delay!

our ADSL details are below..
CLIENT - (Mine)
DOWNLOAD 19000 Kbps
UPLOAD 2500 Kbps

SERVER (his)
DOWNLOAD 8000 Kbps
UPLOAD 1000 Kbps

Congrats to 3CX and the team on this one!
Half way around the world and works sooo well!

PLEASE dont post errors on the tunnel on this post... create a new post for that...
PLEASE only post good working configs here!
eg.. for Grandstream phones etc...

Jay, that's the same set up I have for my extensions - and as far as I know I haven't set up tunneling, just an external extension (all of my extensions are external). Running 3790 build, but I've never had anything but external extensions even with V3.

gicleemedia said:
But don't get me wrong, get this right and the payback is enormous, so we must push the developers hard to plug every gap and put in every feature but as of today 1.5 months between bug fixes for this short list is far too long.

I suppose we should offer you full time job here in 3CX. May be you will finally unleash your whip, put development slaves to galeras, cut their ratios twice, and show us how to make stable software. By the way, do you have any management experience in software development?

Don't get me wrong.

BJReplay said:
Jay, that's the same set up I have for my extensions - and as far as I know I haven't set up tunneling, just an external extension (all of my extensions are external). Running 3790 build, but I've never had anything but external extensions even with V3.

is there anyone who know hardware phones that supports VPN ( i mean that include a VPN client by them selfe ?)

i thought only softphones can use the tunnel if the have a build in vpn client or if you have a compatible vpn client in your router to do this work for all your phones ?

anyone that can give some more info about this ?

Andy

Hey,

Tunneling doesn't rely on VPN. Thats the whole point of it.
The tunneling enables 3CX to communitcate via a single port.

The only real thing that the client needs to be able to support is a outbound proxy.
See the first post for setup instructions for linksys phones...
If anyone else has it working please post your configs...

Hi I did everthing post to setup my linksys SPA921 external bur it doesnt work.

The phone registered but I see in a log the local ip adress !
Is there also something to setup in the SIP windows (STUN, SIP port min max, RTP port min max) ?

Could you send me the complete setup because it is now a week I try to use it without good result

thank you

I tried the tunnel using just the 3cx VoIP Client (as a softphone) and all I get in the 3cx server tunnel log is:

.\ConnMgr.cpp(161) : [15:33:59.425](Critical0):Tunnel connection authentication failed! Incoming from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:4763

The log fills up fast with similar entries - about one every 3 seconds. The port number increments by 1 or 2 for every log entry.

I don't know if this connection problem is the result of some oddity on the firewall at my work location, anyone else got the tunnel working using the 3cx soft phone client?

Thks,
Cjay

No, it's authentication of connection. Check passwords in ini file on both ends, they should match. Also, check that you have the same version of tunnel. Build 1.0.36 is one that checking authentication, previouse builds do not have such functionality and will not connect to more recent versions.

Hi Archie,
I agree that it looks like an authentication issue, but both passwords match in the .ini files and both 3cxtunnel.exe versions are 1.0.0.36

I'm not at the office at the moment - but is there anything that would stop the tunnel working if both client & server are on the same LAN subnet? Makes it much easier to debug having both machines in front of me.
Regds,

Chris

<< I've just answered my own question: The tunnel does work if both devices are on the same LAN subnet, so that bit of it is working fine with all traffic on port 5090 >> :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.