turn off music on hold?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

I've seen posts explaining how to change music on hold, but none saying how to turn it off. Is there a way to turn it off altogether? Do I need to replace onhold.wav with a blank wav file, and if so how do I get a blank wav file? Record nothing to a wav file Or is there another way to turn MOH off?

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I would imagine just record a 1 second silent file.
    I like the idea of "turning it off" = especially in the IVR.
    "If you would like to hold without music, please press x."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. asinshesq

Thanks. I recorded a short silent wav but then when I went into the 3cx interface to point to it a realized I didn't need to do that since 3cx already supplies an 'empty' wav. So, to answer my question: if you want to turn off music on hold do the following:

- go to the 3cx interface

- go to settings->general

- in the 'Music file for music onhold' line, click 'Add'

- select 'Empty.wav' and click 'ok'

- scroll to the bottom of the screen and click 'ok' again

You may need to reboot or restart 3cx services (not sure), but when you are all done there will be no music on hold.

4. techmikeny

Is there a way to give the caller an option to turn off the music on a per call basis.
    As "craigreilly" stated
    "If you would like to hold without music, please press x."

Thanks,
    Mike

5. mamo

Under "Call Queues" you can set up multiple queues (and define a different waiting music for each of them, that of course could be a silent wav). In Digital Receptionist you can set redirection to a specific queue as an action.
    -> Setting up an option "If you would like to hold without music, please press x." seems pretty straight forward. Of course I didn't test it, but in theory it should be possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.