• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

turn off music on hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asinshesq

Customer
Reaction score
I've seen posts explaining how to change music on hold, but none saying how to turn it off. Is there a way to turn it off altogether? Do I need to replace onhold.wav with a blank wav file, and if so how do I get a blank wav file? Record nothing to a wav file Or is there another way to turn MOH off?

Thanks.

I would imagine just record a 1 second silent file.
I like the idea of "turning it off" = especially in the IVR.
"If you would like to hold without music, please press x."

Thanks. I recorded a short silent wav but then when I went into the 3cx interface to point to it a realized I didn't need to do that since 3cx already supplies an 'empty' wav. So, to answer my question: if you want to turn off music on hold do the following:

- go to the 3cx interface

- go to settings->general

- in the 'Music file for music onhold' line, click 'Add'

- select 'Empty.wav' and click 'ok'

- scroll to the bottom of the screen and click 'ok' again

You may need to reboot or restart 3cx services (not sure), but when you are all done there will be no music on hold.

Is there a way to give the caller an option to turn off the music on a per call basis.
As "craigreilly" stated
"If you would like to hold without music, please press x."

Thanks,
Mike

Under "Call Queues" you can set up multiple queues (and define a different waiting music for each of them, that of course could be a silent wav). In Digital Receptionist you can set redirection to a specific queue as an action.
-> Setting up an option "If you would like to hold without music, please press x." seems pretty straight forward. Of course I didn't test it, but in theory it should be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.