turning an extension on and off?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by h2009, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h2009

h2009 Member

Hi there,
    A potential client ask me today about 3CX and he ask is there anyway to 'turn off & on' an extension, simply by a macro/script/etc?
    His situation is that he has a small call shop setup in an internet cafe, but without some sort of on/off anyone could use the phone without paying for it.

I know there are solutions for call shops, but he wanted to use 3CX for another part of his business too.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

V6 has a flag in extension settings that will disable it. You can switch it on from web interface. Also, we're working on .NET API which could be used to change settings from .NET applications. Also, V6 has a flag that disables outbound calls per extension. And, in V6 you will have call monitor which could be used by administrator to terminate any call (including stuck calls). I think this is more than enough for call shop.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. h2009

h2009 Member

Ok brilliant - do we have an ETA on V6 yet?

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

As Nick already told somewhere here - we're expecting first public beta in a week or two.
    Features I've described above (except .NET API) is already in there and tested.

5. h2009

h2009 Member

Oh happy days - thats great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.