Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Turning Forward to Mobile On and Off

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by olivermsubadra, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olivermsubadra

Is there any way I can create a new system extension/dial code (or do something similar) that will turn 'send call to my mobile number' on/off when dialed, regardless of the extension's profile status? Users of our system will want to divert calls to their mobiles quickly and often, and I don't really want to have to depend on switching statuses to do this.

2. Frank D

Frank D New Member

So the users don't have 3cxphone on their smartphones and you don't want them to change the status?

There are no dialcodes on 3cx that activate a forward destination directly.

If you use desktop ip-phones you can use the local forward functionality of the phone of course.
    +: Icons visualise this status on the phone
    +forwarded call shown in the call history of the desktop phone
    -: Can only be done on the desktop-ip-phone
    -: settings are not visible (via presence) for other people
    -: if there are additional forward rules set via the status on 3cx those will override the local forward on the phone (as the call never reaches the desktop ip phone)

Or you can use dial codes or DND to set the status on the desktop ip-phone.

Or you can use DND locally on the phone without changing the status. Then you can configure the second "Phone is busy" part of the status based forwarding rules on 3cx. I haven't tested this configuration, but it should work, too.

3. olivermsubadra

Okay, that's what I figured. I think I'm going to use the DND code since it has the least steps -- and therefore, less to get wrong.

4. olivermsubadra

So this is kind of annoying. When calling the DND dialcode, it switches the phone's DND option on/off. However, it doesn't actually switch the profile status of the extension to 'Do Not Disturb' -- it just puts the extension into 'busy' state. The phone is also put into a 'busy' state when the extension is unregistered, or the extension is already handling a call. So if I do use the DND solution for the original issue, then users will have calls diverted to their mobiles whenever their phone is busy ... whether it's because they've called the DND dialcode, are already in a call, or are trying to relax at home when they're out of the office. Why doesn't the DND dialcode change the profile status to 'Do Not Disturb' instead? Surely that's what you'd expect it to do?

5. Techops.pl

I know it might not resolve your problem, but the solution for me was set business hours to ones that fit the schedule of the employee. This set the telephone in away mode during the times they were away, and that's where forwarding was set up.

6. Frank D

Frank D New Member

You can configure the phone to set DND for the extension. You have to choose the account. You can configure it via the webinterface of the phone or the provisioning file.

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

First to clear up one thing, changing the Extension Profile Status to "Do not Disturb" should happen when you press the DND button on the phone, not when you use the DND dialcode.

If the users are using the DND button on the phone and it still doesn't switch the Extension Profile Status, I have some questions:
    - What Phone System are you using? This behavior was introduced in the Default Templates of V14 (in previous versions it worked differently).
    - What make/model phones are you using? (as Frank D said, this functionality stems from the templates, so if the phones have been manually provisioned this will not work).
    - Are you using Custom Templates or using templates carried over from a previous version? (see above)

8. olivermsubadra

Hi Nick,

We're currently using softphones built in-house, ergo, no DND button. We're using the latest version of the phone system (14) -- always have been, as we're new to this -- and have made no modifications to any templates.

9. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In this case, then you may want to consider using the *3x dial codes to switch profile (*3 is the default but can be changed). Specifically the dial codes for the profiles would be (default):
    *30 -> Available
    *31 -> Away
    *32 -> Do not Disturb
    *33 -> Custom 1
    *34 -> Custom 2

10. olivermsubadra

Nick,

Switching between *30 and *32 worked perfectly. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.