Turning off extension DND as Admin?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GJHmf, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GJHmf

Hi all,

This might seem like something that should be an option on the server when logged in as Admin; but I certainly can't find it.

If an extension has put themselves on Do Not Disturb via their 3CX Assistant, is there any way as the Admin to change this status?

Thanks,

GJHmf

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I think there is a dial code but i cannot for the life of me remember it. I will look in my notes later and get back to you if one of the 3cx guys hasnt.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shoults

Hi,

There is no way to change using the 3cx management console, you would need to use the dial code in the phone or the assistant which is *61 to turn it on and *60 to turn it off.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GJHmf

Hmm, that's pretty pointless in my opinion. Admin should have over-rides for every function of the extension from the management console.

I have staff who aren't located in our office; who use Assistant on their remote laptops, and use '3CX for Android' as a remote extension. If they set their extension as 'Do Not Disturb' remotely and forget about it, as Admin I can hardly use the dial code on their extension or Assistant. They're across the country somewhere.

5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

If it is a feature you need then add a request at 3cx.ideascale.com and if it gets the votes it will be in - some of mine are, some of mine arent.

As for your

If they forget about it - it is their fault and can hardly blame 3cx. Why cant they undo the setting they did? And you can use the dial code on their extension. Quickly set up a softphone and dial the code. Or add a tab in the assistant for the extension and unset it there. It doesnt matter where they are in the country or where you are as long as you can access the pbx you can change it.

If it is a one off I either email them or contact them to tell them they forgot it. If it is habitual I stop changing it and let them explain why they keep forgetting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.