Turning off option "0" inside voicemail greeting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jason Buffa, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Buffa

Hello,

I have searched these forums and have seen no good answer on turning off the "0" option while inside a voicemail greeting. This option is not mentioned to the caller, but people who get frustrated with getting a voicemail often hit 0 to try to get a real person. I'd be fine turning that option off, or if it can be re-directed on an ext-by-ext basis, even better. We don't want all calls to go to the operator with this option.

Thanks!

Jason

2. Jason Buffa

PS- I already edited the .wav file to remove the "press * to talk to an operator" portion of the default greeting but found out they can also press 0.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

On many systems, the destination for a zero press can be configured differently on an extension by extension basis, or disabled. There may already be a feature suggestion in the ideas forum that can be up-voted, or you could make a suggestion yourself. I don't recall seeing anything about disabling it currently.

4. Jason Buffa

Oh yes, our previous system had this capability as well. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in 3CX somewhere.

5. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

Dang, Jason... I thought I was so cute giving the operator an extension and leaving the "zero" operator extension as a "General Delivery Mailbox".

I thought the IVR took care of that "dial 'zero' hole" you are grappling with. I also have this quandary that someone goes to any voicemail and drops to the "zero" voice mail by pressing "zero" during the outgoing message. Time to think... Ouch... Ouch...

[Update... Just a few minutes later...]
    Settings -> PBX...
    "Callers who transfer out of Voicemail or other menus will be forwarded here"
    -- I can only choose a user extension, not an IVR extension. I'll need to create a dummy account....
    [ A few minutes later...]
    That may have worked. Not a good idea to test with the Android 3CX. I lost the ability to follow the traffic, but I did seem to drop my test call into perpetual music on hold. It did stop the caller from trying to bounce out to a human, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #5 JCLloyd, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.