Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Turning off option "0" inside voicemail greeting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jason Buffa, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Buffa

Hello,

I have searched these forums and have seen no good answer on turning off the "0" option while inside a voicemail greeting. This option is not mentioned to the caller, but people who get frustrated with getting a voicemail often hit 0 to try to get a real person. I'd be fine turning that option off, or if it can be re-directed on an ext-by-ext basis, even better. We don't want all calls to go to the operator with this option.

Thanks!

Jason

2. Jason Buffa

PS- I already edited the .wav file to remove the "press * to talk to an operator" portion of the default greeting but found out they can also press 0.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

On many systems, the destination for a zero press can be configured differently on an extension by extension basis, or disabled. There may already be a feature suggestion in the ideas forum that can be up-voted, or you could make a suggestion yourself. I don't recall seeing anything about disabling it currently.

4. Jason Buffa

Oh yes, our previous system had this capability as well. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in 3CX somewhere.

5. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

Dang, Jason... I thought I was so cute giving the operator an extension and leaving the "zero" operator extension as a "General Delivery Mailbox".

I thought the IVR took care of that "dial 'zero' hole" you are grappling with. I also have this quandary that someone goes to any voicemail and drops to the "zero" voice mail by pressing "zero" during the outgoing message. Time to think... Ouch... Ouch...

[Update... Just a few minutes later...]
    Settings -> PBX...
    "Callers who transfer out of Voicemail or other menus will be forwarded here"
    -- I can only choose a user extension, not an IVR extension. I'll need to create a dummy account....
    [ A few minutes later...]
    That may have worked. Not a good idea to test with the Android 3CX. I lost the ability to follow the traffic, but I did seem to drop my test call into perpetual music on hold. It did stop the caller from trying to bounce out to a human, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #5 JCLloyd, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.