• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Twilio Elastic SIP Trunking with 3CX - One-Way Audio & No Outbound Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue24

Reaction score
I cannot get Twilio Elastic SIP Trunking to work as a SIP provider for my 3CX install (v15, linux).

I have 3CX setup and working with Flowroute and it has been working fine for over a year. We want to move our SIP trunking to Twilio Elastic SIP Trunking, because of the price and the extensive development platform. I have been following the guide here: https://www.twilio.com/resources/images/docs/3CX-Twilio.pdf

I can receive inbound calls but run into 2 issues:
  1. Calls inbound only have one-way audio. I can hear the caller but the caller cannot hear me.
  2. Outbound calls result in "403 Forbidden" when using just IP Based Authentication and "Destination is not reachable" when using Account Based Authentication.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @blue24,

Did you run the Firewall checker and received no errors? What ports did you use? Is your IP static?

The firewall check runs without issue. We are using the default ports. Yes, our IP is static.

Next step is performing a wireshark capture on the PBX machine while trying to make a call. Wireshark will give you a pretty good idea where the error is coming from. I would also review the Twilio settings and make sure everything is setup correctly.

For the 403 denied error, using IP based authentication, you need to add your PBX ip/port to the origination URI list on the Twilio side.

Yes we are a bit disadvantaged because we know 3CX, but we dont know the twilio portal.
I think in parallel, if I were you, I would send on the forums of 3CX (as you did) but also in sync send some emails to Twilio or check how to configure Twilio with asterisk for example. This is the way to go when you are working with a provider which is not supported.
Investigate the portal and post screenshots.. For sure if you get 403 and this 403 is coming from Twilio, then something Twilio does not like. This is the beauty of working with supported providers because we would know their settings.

Hi blue24, did you ever get your Twilio trunk working? Was the problem a firewall issue or settings on Twilio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.