Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Two errors when Away status is set

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jim@itstod.se, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Hello,

We have recently upgraded our 3CX system from version 9 to 10 and have noticed two things that do not work any more.

1. With version 9 when we set extension status Away but still were logged in to queues we got the queue calls to our mobile phones but with version 10 this functionality seems to be broken. The desk phone still rings.

2. When another extension calls me and my status is Away the call is forwarded to my mobile phone. With version 9 I then say the correct caller number on my mobile phone but with version 10 I see my own DID number calling me.

Thanks and regards,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

1. When a call hits the queue and you want to forward your call to your mobile number you need to specify your profile as away/out of office or custom2 + Logged in as forward EXTERNAL calls to your mob/ext number.

Why because you will have queue calls coming from external entity not from internal extensions. If you want this functionality you need to specify int & ext as forward all to mob/ext number

2. Take a capture of this call and please check -

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Hi,

We have gotten help via the support portal.

1. This is confirmed to be a bug by the support staff.
    2. This is solved by setting From parts to OriginatorCallerID in the outbound parameters for the VoIP provider.

Thanks and regards,

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

1) We will check your ticket because there will b more information than what is posted in the forums.
    However yes the behavior changed and now we are treatig queue calls as external by default because we assume that a queue call is coming from an outside number. (Who would call a queue from inside?)

So you must make sure that in your profiles, the EXTERNAL CALLS section are changed to the destination you want (because before it used to read from INTERNAL CALLS SECTION)

2)As for the caller ID problem, yes, that is solved. And we also made a change in this area. Now OutboundcallerID and Originator callerid variables are respected completely. Originator will show the incoming caller id of the caller and outbound will show the outbound cid of the extensions' outbound cid, if blank fallback to line outbound cid.

So in your case you had/have 2 valid changes to make. Unfortunately this was caused during the process of fixing other bugs we had in these areas.

Let us know if you have any problems. Send me ref to your ticket id so we can confirm

PS - Is the voip provider a supported voip provider or not? What is it? Was this working before (of the cid problem)

5. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Hi Nicky,

The support ticket ID is RTP-316819.

1) We have already set our profiles to forward internal and external calls to mobile phone.
    2) Yes, I have seen that outbound CID works much smoother now - thanks! Before version 10 we hade to create two trunks for the same VoIP provider just to be able to route all calls and never get them resisted because of wrong CID - now 3CX solves this issue automatically!

The VoIP provider is Tele2.

Regards,

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

I was checking this with Mike - thanks for the update of the cid. Yes since it is unsupported, manual changes to the outbound parameters are required. This is because since we do not have a test account with Tele 2 we cannot optimize the template properly so we ship the generic template as default assuming Outbound CID NOT Originator because we have seen cases where ORIGINATOR CID, is detected as spoofing on the VoIP Provider and calls can be dropped.

So General rule for anyone reading this post.

1) If VoIP Provider is not listed in the list, we will always assume that the VoIP Provider does not allow manipulation of the CID and always expects to receive a KNOWN NUMBER. The only known number we have at that point in time is the outbound CID of the line. So we will set the generic template to OUTBOUND CID VARIABLE.

2) If VP is not in the list, prepare to make changes Outbound parameters and source identification rules

But with 3CX V10 Current design, we are expecting that if the VP is good, it will work with 3CX much smoother than before.

As for the rules can you confirm to me that everything is ok and that the fw rules fw to where you want?

Thanks

7. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Yes, the forwarding rules work perfect for calls direct to the extensions but not for queue calls.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Queue calls - Can you explain to me

A) what you have configured
    B) What you are expecting?

Thanks

9. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

a) AllowFwdToExtFromGrp = 1, Extension status = Away. Forwarding rules for Away status are forwarding external and internal calls to mobile phone.
    b) Queue calls that are directed to the extension should go to the mobile phone, not the deskphone.
    In version 9, this worked as described above. In version 10 the deskphone rings no matter if extension status is Available or Away.

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What exact version do you have in the management console?

Do you have 1.1?

11. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

v10.0.19547.1805 SP.1.1

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Contact me on monday morning if you are available. Because this must work with 1.1. We have made fixes in 1.1.

A) we are treating queue calls as external calls.
    B) External number will be contacted when the following conditions are met

A) Incoming call is coming from a Queue
    B) Custom parameter too allow external calls from group calls is set to 1
    C) Extension member of a queue is Registered, Logged in, Set to away/Out of office or custom 2, + External calls in any of the profile should Forward to an External number.

These are the conditions that are needed for Queue calls to target external numbers. Any derivation from these settings will make queue calls not target external number and the extension will ring instead.

If you have these options, then we would need to log in to your system to check this out if you dont mind. Cntct me nb@3cx.com. (Also can you check Server activity log to make sure that the call is being made externally? Sometimes it can fail either because of some outbound rule or group restriction). Best thing is to make a wshark capture and see whether the external call is being targeted. )

13. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Thanks for looking at this. I will not be able to do anything next week since I am going on holiday.

I have double checked and all settings are correct. According to the server activity log the server is not trying to make an external call, it just calls my desk phones.

As last answer on the support ticket, Alex Mallia answered:
    "We managed to reproduce the issue you are having with the queues. It has now been sent to testing and development for their comments."

If you would like to take a look at our system to solve the issue I will ask a collegue to arrange it.

Thanks,

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes - tell your colleague to send the details via the support suite and refer to me. I will take it from there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.