Two incoming numbers, how can I see on extension?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Murfy, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murfy

I am evaluating 3CX to replace my current freeswitch installation.

Everything I need seems to be pretty easy to configure, except one thing I can't figure out.
    We have to incoming DID's. One for our primary business, and one specific number (perhaps toll-free in the future) for our customer service department of the website.

When calling either one of these numbers you get in a queue, which is then operated by different users. However, I am myself in both queues; I handle both calls for number A and B.

In FusionPBX I created two extensions, 1001 and 1004. Calls to number A went to 1001, number B to 1004. I can do the same in 3CX, no problem.
    However the provisioning functionality of 3CX doesn't allow me to configure multiple lines on a device?
    I my desk phone (Snom 720) I had both extensions, also with different ringtones and display name. I could then see from which number I was being called in order to pick up the phone accordingly :)

What would be the best solution, so that I either see on my phone to which number one is calling, or that I have two extensions registered on my one desk phone - but I would like to use provisioning.
    I know that not using provisioning would fix this since I can then configure them both manually on the Snom.

I hope my issue is clear :)

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Have you tried adding the Queue Name to the info displayed on the phone, this way you just need one extension

Settings - > General , Inbound name to Caller ID

3. Murfy

That is indeed the best solution it seems, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.