Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Two incoming numbers, how can I see on extension?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Murfy, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murfy

I am evaluating 3CX to replace my current freeswitch installation.

Everything I need seems to be pretty easy to configure, except one thing I can't figure out.
    We have to incoming DID's. One for our primary business, and one specific number (perhaps toll-free in the future) for our customer service department of the website.

When calling either one of these numbers you get in a queue, which is then operated by different users. However, I am myself in both queues; I handle both calls for number A and B.

In FusionPBX I created two extensions, 1001 and 1004. Calls to number A went to 1001, number B to 1004. I can do the same in 3CX, no problem.
    However the provisioning functionality of 3CX doesn't allow me to configure multiple lines on a device?
    I my desk phone (Snom 720) I had both extensions, also with different ringtones and display name. I could then see from which number I was being called in order to pick up the phone accordingly :)

What would be the best solution, so that I either see on my phone to which number one is calling, or that I have two extensions registered on my one desk phone - but I would like to use provisioning.
    I know that not using provisioning would fix this since I can then configure them both manually on the Snom.

I hope my issue is clear :)

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Have you tried adding the Queue Name to the info displayed on the phone, this way you just need one extension

Settings - > General , Inbound name to Caller ID

3. Murfy

That is indeed the best solution it seems, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.