Two private LANs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bukvica400, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bukvica400

Hello

How to connect two private LANs.When I connect devices in the same LAN it works, but if I want to connect devices from different LAN it doesn't work.
    I want connect devices(PCs) in school. All LANs are concected to one server.
    I have version 14.

Thanks for help

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You need to ensure routing is working internally first.
    Ensure DNS is setup properly as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wzaatar

Facing the same problem. Sporadic one way audio. Network/DNS working just fine

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Extensions/endpoints that a Local IP to contact the Server (Local Extensions), when calling another local extension will try to exchange audio directly between themselves. If 2 extensions are on different LAN networks and cannot communicate directly between themselves, the call will still be established as the both can contact the Server through their respective NIC, but they will not be able to exchange audio because they are not connected to the same network.

You could try enabling "PBX Delivers Audio" for all your extensions from the Management Console -> Extensions, here select all the extensions (Shift + click works), press "Edit Extension" -> "Other" tab.
    This should enforce the Server to proxy the audio of calls between extensions and should allow the 2 extensions that connect through different NICs to talk without problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.