• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Two ringing tones ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gisvpn

Reaction score
Hello,

I am running 3CX with a Cisco 7941. Works very well. The only thing I have noticed is that when I use my VOIP provider to make an outgoing call (picked up by any number with a pre-fix of 7) I get two ringing tones of the phone ringing ? What is not configured correctly here ? when calling internally to another extension to another 7941 or 7911 I get the default ringing tone while waiting for someone to pick up, however when dialing out on my voip provider I get two overlaying each other ?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

GISVPN

Although you haven't provided any logs, it seems that your VoIP provider proposes early media, and you hear ring tones as an audio, generated by VoIP provider. In case of internal calls you hear ring tone generated by phone itself.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply to my post.

What logs may help you with this ? I can provide any you require. Is the early media you referenced below standard with VOIP providers in that all providers would generate an audio ring indicating the phone is ringing? I think you are right however I get the 3CX generated one and the one from my VOIP Provider. I think this is the case as the 3CX generated ring tone (I assume it is, is an american sounding with the longer single tone) starts and then a few seconds after that my VOIP (I assume) providers ring tone kicks in and overlaps the 3CX one which is a UK Tone (double ring tone for each ring)... is there a way to just hear the VOIP providers ring tone ?

Many thanks,

Regards,

GISVPN

1. 3CX do not generate ring tone at all. The tone you hear at the beginning is (most probably) a tone generated by phone itself. You may want to make it sure by changing phone settings.

2. According to your last description it seems that provider first answers the call and than place a call to its PSTN gateway (or whatever they use to connect land-lines). So you have established call immediately and actually you hear sounds from Telco's land line. You can check this easily. In this case you will see in server logs that call is established immediately, not when it was actually answered by callee. Call your own mobile and you will see.

Hello,

Thanks again for the reply. It must be the Cisco phone then that generates this then. I had always assumed it was the PBX.

Thanks for the help. I'll try to amend the settings with the Cisco phone.

Regards,

GISVPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.