Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

two TAPI services listed under phone and modems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by t4mack, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t4mack

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two TAPI services that show up under my phone and modem. One is 3cx TAPI Service Provider (which everyone else in the office has), and the other is 3CXPSTAPI_x64.tsp. I am currently the only one who's TAPI service is not working. I think it may be using the wrong one.

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi,
    Make sure that you are Admin + open command prompt with run as administrator option.

Enter the following in cmd - (to unregister the old Tapi from the system)
    cd\
    C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 /u 3CXPSTAPI_x64.tsp

Then if you want you can go to Windows > System 32 and delete that file.
    >>>>C:\Windows\System32\3CXPSTAPI_x64.tsp

Note: You need to unregister before removing the file.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. t4mack

Sorry that didn't work. The files aren't in that location. This is a 64 bit OS maybe it stored them somewhere else.

4. t4mack

I've fixed the issue. I uninstalled the Assistant and rebooted. That removed all the TAPI services. I think the Assistant isn't fully compatible with windows 7. It works on some of the users PC at my job and on some others it doesn't. The other users' don't have anything extra installed. They all were imaged from one PC. Is there anyone that can confirm this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.