Tx Second Call to VM

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Dan.Au, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan.Au

How do I transfer an incoming call to voicemail when I'm already on the phone?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Please clarify... do you mean that a call is ringing in on the second key, but same extension number, that you are currently talking on? If that is the case, then you have selected to be able to receive more than one call at a time (on that extension), which expects that you will put the first call on hold, and take the second call, or, wait until the time-out period for the second call to go off to voicemail on its' own. If you want a second call to go directly to VM when engaged, then disable the option to accept a second call.

3. Dan.Au

Yes, I am on the phone on my extension and either someone direct dials my extension or our receptionist transfers another call to my extension. So there is not an option to be able to route the second call to voicemail after screening it?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Are you using a IP phone or a 3CX client? This can be done via the wallboard found with the 3CX client for windows. You can right click on the call and select transfer, then dial *4(ext. number). This will divert the call to voicemail

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.