• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Tx Second Call to VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan.Au

Reaction score
How do I transfer an incoming call to voicemail when I'm already on the phone?

Please clarify... do you mean that a call is ringing in on the second key, but same extension number, that you are currently talking on? If that is the case, then you have selected to be able to receive more than one call at a time (on that extension), which expects that you will put the first call on hold, and take the second call, or, wait until the time-out period for the second call to go off to voicemail on its' own. If you want a second call to go directly to VM when engaged, then disable the option to accept a second call.

Yes, I am on the phone on my extension and either someone direct dials my extension or our receptionist transfers another call to my extension. So there is not an option to be able to route the second call to voicemail after screening it?

Are you using a IP phone or a 3CX client? This can be done via the wallboard found with the 3CX client for windows. You can right click on the call and select transfer, then dial *4(ext. number). This will divert the call to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.