Tying 2 Nortel PBX systems together

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by reedsie, Aug 8, 2007.

1. reedsie

We are currently trying to ty 2 nortel pbx systems together with open extensions off of both systems. Any idea if this is possible and if so how?

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Not very sure I understand. A Nortel question on a 3CX Forum? Could you clarify?

3. reedsie

some more info

Sorry for lack of info.

Ok we have 2 different institutions and we are trying to tie the PBX (Nortel System itself) systems together.

We purchased a VOIP-211RS from Omnilink.com to do this. Basically we want to be at one location and be able to call the other location by dialing an extension. We are trying to use the software to get the 2 VOIP gateways (1 here, 1 other location) to comuunicate.

Any ideas?

4. Ralph

Ralph Member

How does this relate to 3CX

Good afternoon,

How does this relate to 3CX?

Are you trying to tye them in with a 3CX server?

5. reedsie

Yes, is that possible.

Basically we have an extention of off our system that is analog and it's extention 315 and they have an extention of there that is 700 that are both open. We plug our gateway into the 315 extension then plug there gateway into there 700 extenstion and hopeful outcome would be

We pick up any phone on our PBX system here and dial extention 700 and we could get someone on the line over there. Vice versa, they could call 315 and get us. Not sure how this will all work, we have tried a few things but cant get it to fully cooperate. Network guy here and phone terminology is new to me.

Any suggestions on how what way to go with it or is it not possible? Basically trying to do away with long distance between the locations.

6. Ralph

Ralph Member

Check out this topic

You may want to read this topic:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1968

nickybrg may have a solution when it comes to linking a 3CX server to other 3CX servers.

Best of luck

7. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi reedsie,

Please find the connection between Nortel CS 1000 and 3CX PBX for your reference:

Main Office Nortel CS 1000 (H323) IPPBX (4 x EXT connected to 4 x FXO gateway)=>VPN=>Branch of 3CX PBX.

Main office EXT List:

EXT 100
    EXT 101
    EXT 102
    EXT 190 connected FXO port 1
    EXT 191 connected FXO port 2
    EXT 192 connected FXO port 3
    EXT 193 connected FXO port 4
    (EXT 190-193 in Hunt group at Nortel CS 1000 )
    EXT XXX

Branch office EXT List:
    EXT 300
    EXT 301
    EXT 302
    EXT XXX

-At 3CX PBX create DR (e.g. 800)
    Welcome to XXX company, Please enter extension number?

-Create Outbound Rule 8 to access the FXO gateway which is connected to main office PBX with "Transform mask" r.

The setup almost done.

At Branch office any extension call Main office EXT 10X
    - Pick up the phone dial 810X

At main office any extensions call Branch office EXT 30X
    - Pick up the phone dial 190
    - Wait for DR 800 at Branch PBX "Welcome to XXX company, Please enter extension number?"
    - Key in 30X (DR 800 will transfer the call to EXT 30X at Branch office)

8. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Have you actually made this work 5qg4?

Reedsie

Honestly -
    Im not seeing place for 3CX in this scenario sorry. You want to link two Nortel systems together which are residing on different IP's? OK but :

1) these are nortel communication servers 1000 H323 as specified - these are IP based PBX 's already - this is why my question is - where does 3CX PBX - another IP PBX come in???

2) they work with H323 - H323 is a protocol used for transporting multimedia applications over LAN's and VoIP networks. BUT it is not SIP. The 3CX PBX works with SIP. Dos not support H323.

3)Finally you can:

i) Get the gateway VOIP-211RS, set it to work with H323 (if it supports it because as far as Im concerned it is a SIP gateway) connect it to the Nortel and to the internet. Get the other gateway connect it to the other nortel and to the internet. Like that you will have communication.

ii) you can set the gateway to convert H323 to sip on both sides and connect to internet. The gateway has to support this.

If you want to use 3CX send me a specific network diagram? You can send it to me privately on nb@3cx.com. Give me exact device models and how you intend to create this network. And I will be able to help you much more.

9. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi Nicky,

It works fine. However, we only using the analog lines link up them together. Actually, we want to use Universal SIP/H.323 Signal Converter to link up all the sites. Since, it is so costly that we give up.
    http://www.welltech.com/product_e_2e.htm

I will send our simple diagram for your reference via email.

We also study/know how to setup analog DID (wink-start, immediate-start and delay dial service) for our 3CX BOX

Regards,
    5Q

10. advanced1

Hi There,

Do you have any Document the show how to connect 3cx with nortel cs1000 via E1/T1?

If Yes please Send me Email to taymur@aresources.net

Best Regards

Taymur