Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Uh oh... problem...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TheBigEye, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigEye

I started getting this message this morning in my logs and none of my calls are going through.

Has anybody seen this before?? I have no clue where that IP address came from... it's not in my 3cx system and is not the IP address at my office.

2. TheBigEye

anybody??? I need to figure this out and fast... none of my calls are going through. I have checked my VOIP providor and all is well with them (Junction Networks). When I make the call, I see the call in the server logs, but then get a message saying that the number is out of service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You are using an unsupported VOIP provider. Therefore you will have to tune it yourself. For that particular error, see this FAQ as a starting point

http://www.3cx.com/support/source-id-errors.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Moreover, you're using version 3.x, which is not as well adjustable to defferent providers as version 5.1 is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TheBigEye

It has been working fine until this past Friday. I went ahead and upgraded to the latest version, but I'm not as familar with some of the options in this version. I'll play around and see if I can get it working.

6. TheBigEye

Well I fixed the registration problem with the voip provider and can now receive calls, but I can't make calls now. Here is a copy of the log for an outgoing call. I know that the voip provider isn't on the approved list, but this was all working just fine. I have upgraded to the newest version and would just like some pointers as to what I need to look for to get it working. I'd appreciate any help.... Thanks.

7. TheBigEye

Anybody???? I'm desperate for some direction to resolve this problem.

8. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

This line clearly states that your provider doesn't know how to route number 713875****

9. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

an addition to Archie's comment:

When a VoIP Provider responds with "404 Not Found" it means that it has received the request, has tried to reach the destination, but the destination (as specified) cannot be reached, because as far is it (VoIP Provider) knows, the destination does not exist.

By far the most common cause for this is incorrectly specified destination number - maybe you need to add an area code? or maybe a country code? or a prefix (0 or 1) for the area you are trying to reach?
    Or maybe you are trying to access a destination that the service you have purchased cannot reach.

Your VoIP Provider's support should be able to assist you with this issue.

One other possibility, though a "404" response would be a bit unusual for it, is if the account you are using has insufficient credit for placing outbound calls.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.