Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

UK based fax over T.38 provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by telis, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telis

telis New Member

Hi,

I am looking for a UK based fax over T.38 provider who can port in existing numbers. Does anyone know of one?

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    I believe that voip-unlimited do. Please check with them.

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I'm on the verge of going with VoIP Unlimited, porting over my 80 DDI's from British Telecom, and as of mid September they stated they could not provide T.38 until British Telecom correctly supported it on their IP backbone :(

Although being on their doorstep you could give them a nudge for us, wink wink.

4. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Now I think about it, and I sincerely hope I get corrected by someone in the know, no provider in the UK can provide T.38 that goes out successfully to a PSTN.

T.38 to PSTN is what we realy want as otherwise it's no use.

5. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

I will check again with Voip-Unlimited.

Regards
    Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Thought I'd post an update in case anyone in the UK is interested.

VoIP Unlimited do now provide T.38, which I've been testing over the past couple of days to and from faxes on PSTN lines (fax machines are connected to 3CX using Linksys SPA3102's), and it works flawlessly so far !.

7. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi

What cost where involved in setting up the T.38 Service with the provider?

8. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

No additional costs at all, it's part of their standard SIP Trunk service.

Their call costs may not be the cheapest for some destinations, we call customers all over the world, but their trunks are very cheap and for a single monthly price you have unlimited channels on your trunk.

Our 3CX system is going live this morning after months of testing, so get ready for me to change my mind later today ;)

9. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

If anyone in the UK is interested due to poor lead times with obtaining an new analogue line from O2 (using BT Openreach) I've had to setup a 3Cx v11 server using VoIP-Unlimited as the SIP trunk provider as they support T.38 faxing.

As I couldn't source any Linksys SP3102's at the time I went with Cisco SPA112's, which support T.38

Out of the box the SPA112 would receive fine but not send, updated to the latest firmware, v 1.2.1 from v 1.0.1, there are loads of T.38 fixes and it now works brilliantly :D

10. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    We have customers who have been using T.38 for some time. No problem at all. They also provide suitable ADSL services as well as SIP trunks.

Kind regards
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.