UK Dial Plan for SPA Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ilux, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilux

Does anyone have 'the ultimate' UK Dial Plan for Cisco SPA phones?

2. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ilux

The dial plan is also used to trigger an outdial once a qualifying number matched a pattern. I have a dial plan but due to the UK numbering system being fairly complex I was just trying to avoid reinventing the wheel by seeing if anyone has a comprehensive UK dial plan.

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

That's what I wrote... Only patterns matching the dial plan are sent to the PBX (your trigger outdial). You can also append codes and flat out replace patterns with other numbers (for example, in the US we have 411 to lookup phonebook entries, you can have a dial plan replace 411 with a specific toll free phone number like 1800free411).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

We've used SPA series phones from both the Linksys and Cisco stables on 3CX. The best dialplan we have found is the simplest as recommended by 3CX, which is;

[x*].

If you find that you have to wait too long for the dial-out - play with the 'Interdigit Short Timer:' value on the 'Regional' page.

Best regards

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Dialplans can be very specific, depending on how, and where, the device (phone) is being used.

Is it on a PBX, or simply connected directly to a VoIp provider? If a PBX, is there an access digit for outside calls?
    What about extensions? What digit length and what range of numbers do you wish to allow, or deny? Do you need special access codes for calls to another branch office, or to force calls out on a second provider?

What about mobile, or international numbers? Do you want that extension to have access?

Unless you don't mind hitting the #, to send the call on quickly, then there really isn't a "one-size-fits-all" dialplan.

You just need to sit down and go over what numbers you wish the user to have access to. It is not that complicated and many numbers can be combined in each part of the plan.

If you want some help constructing a plan, then perhaps you could provide some examples of the numbers being dialled, including the access codes, if used.

7. markshehan

markshehan New Member

As Charles said, it depends what you mean by Ultimate. If you mean a very specific plan to cover every number that you may dial then follow his and Leejor's advice. The downside to that is that if a new set of numbers suddenly comes on then you have to adjust the plan for those too.

Graham's is my "ultimate" dial plan for the SPA as it works for any number. And as Leejor says, just hit the # key once you finish dialing and it sends immediately without waiting for interdigit timers.

Personally (and I dont use Cisco phones any longer but it applies to all SIP handsets) I use them like a cell phone. Dial the number, click Send/Dial/# and let it ring while on speaker phone.

Or if you are really lazy, (that would be me again :) ) then have your MyPhone on "dial deskphone with intercom" and either dial or click from the pc and wait until the answer before (optionally) picking up the handset (if you dont have a headset).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.