• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

UK Ring Tones Grandstream GXW4004

Status
Not open for further replies.

newpool

Reaction score
Sounds like a daft question, but has anyone worked out how to make a Grandstream FXS gateway ring like a British phone instead of a US one ? I

I know how to change it but I cant work out the pattern or duration of on's & off's

Any help very much appreciated!

As I recall, the British ring cadence is .4/.2/.4/ 2 (that's .4 seconds on, .2 off, .4 on and 2 seconds off). The problem with using that ring cadence in NA is that it doesn't always work with caller ID devices. In NA the caller ID is sent between the first and second ring, the first ring wakes up the device. The majority of caller ID devices don't understand the short break between rings. It may work for you, depending on the make of device. But i have had to go to one of the other Bellcore standard rings just to get caller Id to work. Caller Id in the UK is a completely different animal where they send a current reversal to wake up the caller Id device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.