Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

UK Ring Tones Grandstream GXW4004

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by newpool, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newpool

Sounds like a daft question, but has anyone worked out how to make a Grandstream FXS gateway ring like a British phone instead of a US one ? I

I know how to change it but I cant work out the pattern or duration of on's & off's

Any help very much appreciated!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As I recall, the British ring cadence is .4/.2/.4/ 2 (that's .4 seconds on, .2 off, .4 on and 2 seconds off). The problem with using that ring cadence in NA is that it doesn't always work with caller ID devices. In NA the caller ID is sent between the first and second ring, the first ring wakes up the device. The majority of caller ID devices don't understand the short break between rings. It may work for you, depending on the make of device. But i have had to go to one of the other Bellcore standard rings just to get caller Id to work. Caller Id in the UK is a completely different animal where they send a current reversal to wake up the caller Id device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.