• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

UK Ringback Tone when dialing out Patton t1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Howard

Free User
Reaction score
I am trying to setup outgoing calling using a patton 3970 gateway. Everything is working except for when making outgoing calls using the 3cx client I get the double UK style ringback tone. I have made sure ( I think) that the tone profiles are set correctly on the Patton. When using a Snom D715 phone the ring style is correct as long as I have the country set to USA for Tone Style.

Please help!

Alex

the issue will be caused that the ISDN will produce a ring back tine and 3CXclient also. Do you have more then one outbound route which triggers calls via this gateway (btw I dont recall our templates been tested against this modle so may there is an other issue which you may ask patton at a later stage to look into)...

Thanks for the fast response Steve. I have called and email Patton with no response which is why I posted here.
There is only one outbound route on the Patton. There was one problem with the template (no default route)
I played with the tone settings on the Patton but nothing I did seemed to change anything.

Alex

Not sure if this is what's happening, but, there was/is an option, that I believe was called "Advanced Audio" (I think), in the client. The client would then provide ringback tone, and it happened to be the UK style tone. I don't use the Windows client a great deal, but had come across the same behaviour in the Android client.

Hi Leejor, I am unable to find an advanced audio setting in the client or anywhere in the users account setting. Can you direct me to it? I am running 15.5 and the latest version of the client.

Alex

I incorrectly identified the model. It is the 4970

Alex

It may no longer be an option. I do remember it on one of the older Android clients, and if you "changed" it, the audio would cut through so that you would get the ringback generated from a gateway at the 180 Ringing message rather than waiting for the 200 OK message.

Since the other sets don't behave this way, they are either providing ringback according to their tone-plan, or, are cutting you through to the gateway at the 180 Ringing message. It seems the client is simply providing ringback (UK style), when it gets the same 180 Ringing.
I'm not certain if there is an option to change the tone-plan of the latest client. That is probably what has to happen.

Thanks LeeJor, those setting appear to be missing from the new version. Can anyone from 3CX comment on where the client gets its ring tone settings. Patton is telling me that with the 3cx softphone client can supply its own ring and it does not come from the Patton.

Thanks
Alex

New Wrinkle, Now internal calls from soft phone to soft phone or soft phone to hard phone, use the UK style ring back.

Anyone have any ideas?

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.