• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

UK Voip Provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

webby

Reaction score
Who if anybody in the UK is using SIP /Voip trunk / line?

I have been looking at BT - don;t seem to be able to offer anything other than their carppy Home / BUsiness HUB and you have to use their kit or they won't support you.

Now i have been looking at http://www.voip-unlimited.net they sound very promising. Both for price and reliability with an option of taking their dedicated BroadBand for making phone calls.

I have just signed up to one line on a 30 day trial to see how it works and if its useable in a reliable business situation for my business.

Hope someone can help or offer their experience with any providers.

Thanks

I've been using Voiptalk for the past couple of months with a 5 line sip trunk with no problems.

Great quality with a BE Unlimited ADSL2+ connection with 1 meg upload and Vigor 2820 with QoS enabled.

BE? Who is that? ADSL2+ is not due to go live in my. Area untill march at the earliest but that should not present a problem as I only need 2 or 3 lines so 500kb upstream should not present a problem.

Is Voiptalk a pre pay service?

BE are part of O2 and can be found below.

https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/homepage

Voiptalk have a number of packages, just google the name and pick your package.
If you wanted to test it - get a PAYG account (costs nothing) and you will get a 056 number and you can then dial into the PBX and check it works. Then upgrade to a sip trunk and a geographical number.

We have 5 lines on a geographical number costing £24.99 a month with inclusive calls to landlines(don't know the amount but we never go over) then prepay using a credit card for mobiles and 0845 etc. and we get an email when the account is low.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.