Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

UK Voip Provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by webby, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webby

Who if anybody in the UK is using SIP /Voip trunk / line?

I have been looking at BT - don;t seem to be able to offer anything other than their carppy Home / BUsiness HUB and you have to use their kit or they won't support you.

Now i have been looking at http://www.voip-unlimited.net they sound very promising. Both for price and reliability with an option of taking their dedicated BroadBand for making phone calls.

I have just signed up to one line on a 30 day trial to see how it works and if its useable in a reliable business situation for my business.

Hope someone can help or offer their experience with any providers.

Thanks

2. garyjduk

I've been using Voiptalk for the past couple of months with a 5 line sip trunk with no problems.

Great quality with a BE Unlimited ADSL2+ connection with 1 meg upload and Vigor 2820 with QoS enabled.

3. webby

BE? Who is that? ADSL2+ is not due to go live in my. Area untill march at the earliest but that should not present a problem as I only need 2 or 3 lines so 500kb upstream should not present a problem.

Is Voiptalk a pre pay service?

4. garyjduk

BE are part of O2 and can be found below.

https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/homepage

Voiptalk have a number of packages, just google the name and pick your package.
    If you wanted to test it - get a PAYG account (costs nothing) and you will get a 056 number and you can then dial into the PBX and check it works. Then upgrade to a sip trunk and a geographical number.

We have 5 lines on a geographical number costing £24.99 a month with inclusive calls to landlines(don't know the amount but we never go over) then prepay using a credit card for mobiles and 0845 etc. and we get an email when the account is low.

Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.