• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Unable to activate license in Debian9!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gledi

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been trying to setup a 3cx instance in an already installed Debian 9 machine.
I followed the instructions in:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/installing-debian-linux-pbx/

The installation runs smooth until the license activation, when it fails with the warning:

Warning!
Your license key is not activated! Login to the Management Console > Settings > License and re-activate your key.

The license key is valid, as I tried it in an installation in another machine (Windows), and the existing host resolves activation.3cx.com correctly.
I have also tried to uninstall/reinstall from backup without License Info, but it is still the same.

Any idea why is this happening?

Thanks

If you are changing FQDN, you need to release it before reinstalling license.
For activation make sure that you are using Google 8.8.8.8 as DNS server.

No, not changing the FQDN, it is the same... And tried both with the providers DNS and Google's

normally we give an error code back what the issue is during the installation to enable the installer to salve the state and then re-activate.
What is the error code?

@StefanW
In Activity Log it gives "Load license has failed, error: 5"
Any idea?
Thank you

@StefanW
In Activity Log it gives "Load license has failed, error: 5"
Any idea?
Thank you

I have tried debian 9 and it is working. Did you download the .iso version from 3cx or are you trying to install it from scratch ? Do you have a firewall in front of the PBX? release the license from the 3cx site and try to reinstall it again. It must work.

--
nitrox

5 stands for "INVALID VERSION" in general. Do you try to install an 15.5 but the key is below 15.5 without valid Maintenance maybe?

Reactions: nitrox
error 5 means invalid version, Looks like you are activating an old license key on a new product.
If you want to get a conclusive answer contact support and send them your license key.

Reactions: nitrox
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.