Unable To Auto Provision

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nplummer, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nplummer

We have a V11 SP3 3CX server running on Server 2008 R2 Standard. We have had the server running for over 6 months with great success. We recently had a new phone we wanted to add to the system and noticed the auto provisioning was no longer functioning. We know the auto provisioning was working when we installed the system because it successfully provisioned over 60 phones. We are using Yealink T38 phones with supported firmware (38.0.0.115).

We know that the server took some Windows updates last week so we decided to restart the server and try again. We were still experiencing the issue and decided that possibly something happened to the configuration of the server with the Windows updates so we reinstalled 3CX from backup (uninstall and reinstall). We did that step this evening and everything is functioning fine except for auto provisioning.

Calls in and out of the system are working fine. If we manually provision the phone (input information manually) the phone will register and work normally. We have also confirmed that MyPhone and the web management console are functioning normally.

We did some wireshark captures on the server and throug the yealink interface and noticed we are receiving a 500 Internal Server Error. When we try to reprovision through the management console we do not see the phone getting the signal to reprovision.

It is very strange and any insights or suggestions are welcome.

Thank You,

Nepal
    Fahillion Technologies
    3CX Certified

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Is it still just the provisioning for the one phone or is it now affecting all phones?

Did the phone come with this version of firmware or did you have to update it manually.

The Yealinks are pretty good with uPnP so that when first hooked up, the 3CX system will see it and you can then assign it to an extension. You might use the web interface to the phone and check the settings manually to see how configured and to ensure that provisioning is enabled and the provisioning server is defined correctly. If so, then try. Once done, change something and try again and see. If it does not provision, then check it again manually to see if the same settings examined earlier have reverted. If so, it could be that the provisioning template needs some work.

3. nplummer

I forgot to mention that this is happening with all phones not just the new ones. We have also tested with the Yealink T32 phones. It is very strange mainly because we can get to the web components which are also running through the Abyss server on the same port.

We have also tried modifying the provisioning address and verified it is setup correctly.

4. lneblett

Ok, and to confirm ....auto provision is enabled?

Did you also do the testing as I suggested?

5. nplummer

Yep, sorry, I also forgot to mention that we manually made changed to the phone through the phone's web portal. We modified the provisioning address and other components but the issue is still present.

6. nplummer

----UPDATE----

We found the issue. It was an issue with the provisioning template we were using for the phones. We haven't located the specific problem areas of the template but when we used an older template everything started working again. What tipped us off was the fact that we couldn't load the template through the management console.

Thank you for your assistance.

Nepal
    3CX Certified Professional

7. snowsam

I'm having the same problem. None of my Yealink phones are auto-provisioning.

Our template file has been modified by a co-worker and we have over-written the default template.

Could someone either email or attach and original yealink.ph template file from v11 Sp3? EDIT: File Received! Thank you!

Thanks,
    Sam

8. lneblett

9. snowsam

I got my problem figured out. On my T26 phones I was running 6.61.0.70. This firmware was not compatible with the newer style configuration files that 3CX generates. The format was quote different if I looked at a provisioning file from August 2012 and one generated today.

I updated to the suggested 6.70.0.103 from the Yealink website and the auto-provisioning works.

Same thing again for a new T22 phone. Firmware update from 7.60.0.120 to 7.70.0.103 fixed the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.