Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Unable to cancel calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techdummy, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techdummy

techdummy New Member

Hi,

We are using the latest version of 3CX, along with the softphone for windows.
    In some extensions, it is noticed that we are not able to end a call from the extension the call is originated.
    When I dial an internal or external number, the call goes through but I'm not getting the Keypad to perform further actions like end the call, or hold, transfer,mute,record and record the call etc.
    The issue is only for outgoing calls, incoming calls are working fine and I get the keypad to perform all these operations.
    I have attached a pciture of what we are missing
    Can someone tell me what can be done to get the keypad?
    https://support.fieber.nl/hc/article_attachments/115010493149/mceclip8.png

Thank you.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Have you run firewall checker ?
    The problems you describe are typical when you have network issues, usually related to NAT / port forwarding due to loss of SIP signalling (some packets don't reach the PBX, provider or extensions).
    You can investigate it with wireshark.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Techdummy,

From the provided screenshot i can see that the ongoing call is put on hold and as a default behaviour some keys are greyed out (Keypad, Mute, Video, Rec) but you should be able to end your call using the big red button "Einde". Also if the call is resumed or a second line is selected (Lijn2 button) the greyed out buttons should become functional again. Are the keys mentioned above greyed out even when the call is not on hold?

4. techdummy

techdummy New Member

Hi @apostolis_3CX The image provided isnt ours. It is from google.
    I placed the link to show what we are missing. We are not able to get this screen. that is the issue.
    When i dial a number on keypad, the call just goes, and the extension starts ringing but I never get this screen, so as to cancel the call or to do other operations.
    it is this screen that is missing.
    Thank you.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue so we can get a better idea of the issue? Also when this happens does the phone call complete? Does the called party answer the call? Is there normal audio?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.