Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Unable to change provisioning method

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Biggeek, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biggeek

I signed up for a free account and its being hosted on Google cloud.
    I've tried to add a new device (Cisco Spa504G) but the URL builder option doesn't seem to work.

I thought possibly I could change the provisioning method but I'm unable to.

Any ideas?

TIA!

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Biggeek

This is because the specific phone supports only local provisioning, so you get only the Local LAN provisioning method.
    Known limitations of the phone as per this guide https://www.3cx.com/Sip-Phones/Cisco-SPA/
    • No PnP Support
    • No STUN Support
    • No SBC Support
    • No Full CTI Support (Make Call Only)
    • BLF Functionality (only on applicable models)
    • Company Phone Book with limited size only
    • Manual DST Support
    I'm afraid the only option here is to manually provision the phone as local over a VPN

3. Biggeek

So with every other PBX I can register this device with a username and password.
    I'm not seeing anyway to do that with this device.
    Is it possible?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Although these devices are not supported for remote provisioning as they are not https capable, technically you can still manually configure them to register as any sip device. You will need the auth ID of the extension and the password and point the phone to where to register. Please note however that manual configuration is not supported by 3CX and every change you need to apply on the phone will have to be done manually by you through the phones web interface.
    Make sure that option "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" is not selected under the extension settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.