Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Unable to change Voicemail Greeting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Flash99, Feb 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flash99

I'm running the latest version (15.5 SP3) on Windows
    When users try to change the voicemail greeting its not saving it

We go to the voicemail then 9 then 8 for mailbox options then 0 for a new greeting the # and 0 to save
    The system says that "greeting was recorded" or something like that, but then even without going out when we press 2 to hear existing voicemail greeting we still hear the standard greeting and not the one that was recorded

I created a new dummy extension and couldn't save

Not sure when it started, but previously we had no problem to save a custom greeting so maybe its something in the last updates.

No antivirus on the Windows machine

I verified and the file with the custom greeting is saved at c:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Data\XXXX\ , but as I mentioned before the default message is used anyway

Any idea whats wrong ?

Thanks

#1 Flash99, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Flash99

Can you also make sure that in c:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Data\XXXX\ there is also the greetings.xml file.
    If there is, open it in a text editor and make sure that has something like this
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <overrides>
    <greeting profile="default" file="Yourfile.wav" />
    </overrides>

3. Flash99

No greetings.xml file under the new extension I created for the test and also under extensions that reported the problem

I can see greetings.xml file under "older" extensions, so I guess that after one of the updates its stopped creating the xml file

If I copy greetings.xml from some old extension to this new one it starts to work.

I really don't wont to go over about 200 extension checking for these xml files. Any other way to fix this problem ? Also is there a way to make sure its not going to happen to the new extension we will create ?

#3 Flash99, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

How did you access the voicemail of the extension to record the greeting? From a phone/client that was already provisioned with that extension? Or you accessed the voicemail from a different extension?

5. Flash99

The test one from a phone with a different extension (its just a dummy extension for test) by calling to IVR and then pressing 9999 and then extension number

6. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Try selecting all of your extensions, click on edit and OK without changing anything. Does this create the greetings.xml file in the new extension?

7. Flash99

No
    greetings.xml was not created

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.