Unable to configure WebMeeting in v12.5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rbc94, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbc94

Anyone have any ideas how to change the email address associated with the login account for webmeeting? The email address in the console is not the same as the email address 3CX servers have stored, therefore the console tells me I cannot login because of bad username or password. Because of this problem, I cannot manage the email addresses on extensions or delete extensions because they are linked to the unmanageable webmeeting account. 3CX will not help me change the email address on their server because I don't have a support contract. Is there any way anyone knows of to edit the email address for an extension in the 3CX config files? I know what the correct address should be and if I can change it to match the 3CX server I can manage the account. I don't feel I should have to purchase a support contract just to have my email address changed. Any help would be appreciated.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Have you tried deleting the WebMeeting setup and recreating?
    I know you can get the same sub-domain back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rbc94

Yes, I've tried removing the account and deactivating the license. Nothing seems to work. I can't get the wrong email address out of there. It's linked to extension 404 and I can't edit the email address on the extension because it's linked to webmeeting. The only part of the email address that doesn't match is the domain part. It's a simple matter of 3CX changing my email address on their server but they will not do it because I don't have a support contract to put in a support ticket. I've tried calling them too.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

When you delete the account - you should be able to go to the extension and update the email address... then recreate the WebMeeting account.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rbc94

i can't delete the account because as soon as I click on the webmeeting section in the console it pops up with an error message that the username or password is incorrect. the only thing I can do is deactivate and reactive the license for webmeeting. I have tried everything. the only thing I can think of to fix it is to have the email address corrected but 3CX wont do it. is there any way to edit the config files for 3CX and change the email address for ext 404?

6. danielevz

Similar issue "Wrong email or passoword" i need to recover the password, i think i type it both time the same but the system keeps telling me the password is not correct. 3CX should not ask for a support licence on this one, is just a passoword recovery service they dont offer and i think it was not my fault. How can we manage to recover the password or reset webmeeting. License deactivate and activate will not solve this issue.

7. tkishel

I am having the same problem, and even paid for technical support. Their response is: WebMeeting is only free for one year, and my year is expired.

My request was:

"I have not been able to use (or reconfigure to use) the 10 Participant version of WebMeeting included with our 3CX license. Ports/Trunks states that my WebRTC Gateway is not registered. I cannot change the WebRTC Gateway settings, or even delete it and start over. I cannot manage the WebMeeting Management Account. The account exists, but I cannot select it. When I go to that URL, it displays buttons. But they take me to 3CX’s public web site."

Prior to paying for technical support, I emailed 3CX with this:

"When I schedule a WebMeeting via 3CXPhone, no email is generated and no meeting is scheduled. The 12.5 Administrators Manual states that the standard and Pro License (which we have) includes a 10-participant version of WebMeeting. It goes on to document registering that WebMeeting License, creating a Management Account, and create User’s in a portal. When I attempt to create an account with a URL of ziba.3cx.us and Username of frontdesk@ziba.com in our Management Console, it states that ziba.3cx.us is already in use, and when I create an account with a URL of xxx.3cx.us and Username of xxx@xxx.com, it states that xxx@xxx.com is already used by another portal in this region. So, how do I connect my installation of 3CX with my existing ziba.3cx.us/xxx@xxx.com portal? In Ports/Trunks, our WebRTC Gateway is listed as Not Registered. When I double-click on it and am taken to Gateway page, it shows the Gateway Hostname or IP to be 127.0.0.1 and it is greyed out. Why is the Gateway greyed out? What is the Gateway pointing to, a WebRTC portal/service on my system, or a WebRTC portal/service at 3CX?"

Their response was, you need to pay for technical support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.