• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Unable to connect 3cxphone 12 since V12.1.0 via 3G/LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Since I have updated the 3CXPhone for iPhone to V12.1.0 and 12.1.1 I am not able to connect to the 3cx PBX via 3G or LTE.
Connections via WIFI are working normally.
I have tested 3cxPhone 3 APP to verify. It works normally via 3G/LTE.

Iphone 5s
iOS 7.1
3CXPhone for iPhone V12.1.1

3CX V12.0.34902.600 SP.4

don't know if this will help, but I can connect over WIFI WITHOUT the tunnel running. If I am on 3g I CANNOT connect without using the tunnel.

That´s correct, I tested it. With the tunnel I am able to connect under 3G.
But I consider it as a bug, because all versions before (until 12.0.5) supported connection via 3G.
You can still test it with the old 3CXphone3 APP.
If you receive an incoming call via push notification, you are never able to start the tunnel and connect to the pbx to answer that call. Furtheron the tunnel APP is extremely battery consuming.
All the benefits introduced in V12 being out of the office are useless if you can´t connect directly without tunnel via 3G!
Please 3CX fix it!!

Since I have updated the 3CXPhone for iPhone to V12.1.0 and 12.1.1 I am not able to connect to the 3cx PBX via 3G or LTE.
Please review your phone settings because I successfully can make and receive calls when I am Out of Office and on 3G and/or LTE.

iPhone 5s
iOS 7.1
3CXPhone for iPhone V12.1.1

3CX V12.0.34902.600 SP.4

If you are unable to connect (I assume this means register) when not using the Tunnel, then what shows in the 3CX server log during one of these attempts?

Anything?

If there is no sign of a registration attempt, then either something is blocking it (Firewall/router), nothing is being sent by the phone, or, it is being sent to an incorrect destination.

If there is some sign of a registration attempt, and it is failing to register, then the log should show the reason why and give you an idea of what needs to change. Check that the IP that is registering, is one that 3CX is able to reach, (a public IP with the correct local port).

Sorry for my unperfect english, of course I mean registration.
When trying the registration via 3G the server log shows nothing.
There are differences in behaviour of the 3cxphone 12 app:
It doesn´t toggle between trying to connect in office and out of office, it tries always to connect out of the office.
Activated a VPN connection trying to force conection in office, the app crashes.
All this behaviour is only in 3G mode.
I have tried it on my Ipad2 (IOS7.1) too with exaxctly the same behaviour.
Before updating from V 12.0.5, everything functioned normally.
I have still an I-phone 3G with IOS6 and 3cxphone12 V12.0.5 - it functions normally in 3G mode.
As I mentioned on all my 3 devices the 3cxphone3 V3.0.41 functions normally.
All devices and the 2 versions of 3cxphone are provisioned with the same file.
I have checked the entries in the configuration several times - I don´t find anything wrong.
The question is - what is different between a W-LAN and a 3G connection.
Of course the IP is different, but with 3cxphone3 it functions. Using the same external IP-adress of the PBX and the same port.
Why does the application crash, trying to connect internally with VPN?
Why doesn´t it toggle between in office and out of office attempting to register?

Thanks for any further ideas!

Same issue here.
Seems that the 3CX Phone APP tries something weird. Nothing happens in my firewall and the 3CX server activity log.
WLAN from outside works fine.

3CX Phone APP 3.0 works fine on the same phone.

iPhone 6 Firmware 8.3
3CX Server 12.5.41543.997
§CX Phone 12.1.9

Chris

Chris,
can you please check to leave the Field "STUN Server" in the configuration of your iphone blank?
In my case after that the iphone registers normally with 3G.
Incoming and outgoing phonecalls do function normaly most of the time as long the APP is running.
Registration via WIFI in this configuration is not possible.

Regards,

Andreas

Hey Andreas.

Many thanks for this workaround.
It connects now via LTE and Wifi.

Some test calls worked also via both of them.

Will see how it works in real life after my holidays...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.