Unable to connect to management console

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tel19, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tel19

I have installed V15 after spending a lot of time wrestling with nginx to get it installed and running as a service but I now cannot access the management console. I get: can't establish a connection to the server at companyname.3cx.co.uk:5001

Does nginx need a config change?

Thanks

2. ucs1

have you tried https://

can you get there on the 3cx machine itself

3. tel19

The full url tried is htttps://company name.3cx.co.uk:5001. I have tried the same with http as well. All this is being performed on the 3cx machine.

4. andreaschr

andreaschr Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi tel19,

You do not need to install nginx manually . Installation is installing automatically the nginx

5. tel19

That was part of the problem, the 3cx installation kept failing because nginx wasn't running (I didn't know the 3cx installation was trying to install it) so I had to install it manually. I found nginx would not start after its installation and after a lot of searching discovered that WWW publishing service was using port 80 and stopping anything else using it. I had to disable WWW publishing service and manually install nginx as a service in order to get the 3cx installation to complete.

Does 3cx change the nginx config during installation but only when it installs nginx itself? Any idea where it places the nginx config files?

6. andreaschr

andreaschr Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What you need to do

1) uninstall 3CX V15
    2) uninstall the manual nginx you install
    3) ensure that you do not have any pending updates for the windows
    4) ensure that the port you want to use is not in used by any other program .
    5) star the installation again and let me know if it is ok . If not post the error message.

7. tel19

I uninstalled v15
    I disabled nginx service
    I deleted all the files
    I removed nginx as a service
    I reinstalled v15

It failed exactly as before because it couldn't find nginx

I uninstalled and did it again. Same problem.

I cannot copy the error message out of the command window.

It says: setup error. Service nginx was not found on computer.
    The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

8. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Check and make sure IIS isn't running. I had a win 7 box and its IIS was causing issues with v15rc2. Disabled it and stopped service and NGINX started just fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. tel19

Only world wide web services is installed and I already disabled that to get the manual installation of nginx to work. nginx will start but not from the 3cx installation program.

10. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Are all the windows updates up to date?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Sopock

Sopock Member

unless you enable QuickEdit mode on that window or look in %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Logs

12. tel19

All updates are installed.

Here's the error from the logs:

2016/07/09 19:03:27.743|Dbg|0001| System.InvalidOperationException: Service nginx was not found on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service

13. tel19

It seems no-one else has hit this issue.

I can install nginx manually and, if I do that, the 3cx installation program completes. However, I am unable to access the management console.

I presume that the config for nginx needs changing and this is normally done during the installation of nginx within the 3cx installation program. Is there a way to update the config of the manually installed nginx so that 3cx works?

14. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

I dont understand, why did you install nginx manually?
    Do the following please, uninstall nginx completely, uninstall 3CX Phone System.
    Update your system with pending updates. Restart your machine and install again. If you have problem pm so we can access your machine and check why.

15. tel19

Have done that several times and the 3cx installation fails every time at the nginx installation. Please see the previous posts in the thread with all the details and the error message.

16. andreaschr

andreaschr Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi tel19,

I have send you a PM

17. datamerge

datamerge New Member

If you did these steps you have not uninstalled NGINX completely and you probably have traces of it in the registry. This then leads the 3CX installer to think it is already installed. Obviously it isn't and then you get the error that it can't find NGINX.

You need to fully uninstall NGINX. If you don't have the uninstaller and it is not in your list of programs in "Programs and Features" in control panel, you might have to do a search through registry to see if it is all gone.

I have attached a neat little Windows SDK program that lets you quickly search registry. Much faster than regedit. You need to rename it to regfind.exe as I could not upload it as an exe. Help is in the app. But say you are looking for nginx case insensitive you would just type regfind -y nginx

That may help.

Regards
    Mark Dutton

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.