Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved unable to dial-out using my ios client

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Chris W., Dec 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris W.

Hello all, I am so very new to the 3CX and all of this, but so far I am pretty happy with the experience, software is amazing, hopefully after setting this testing lab I can implement it in few of my offices.

Anyway I did sign up with twilio.com to get my sip and the number. I can call that number I was assigned and I am able to receive my call on my IOS client, but for some reason I am unable to dial out. I can call the voicemail, and extensions and all, but somehow when I put the number in and try to dial out my call gets dropped right away and not even trying to establish connection. Its probably some setup but I did try to verify and I cannot see anywhere where I could miss something.
    in upper right corner I see green square, then it says On Hook, then when I press on call it says Dialing then right away Not Found, not sure what it refers to when it says "Not Found". Please help.

Regards,

Chris

2. Chris W.

When I do try to dial out from my iphone client I do receive log entry in the 3cxpbx
    with date/time, from and to and then it does say under "talking" column -> "Not Answered"
    So I think something is not configured for the outbound somehow, but I did try to go trough every setting, or maybe its twilio.com that I did not configure correctly... I can certainly call my 3cx itself, extensions, just dialing out is not working. I can call in from outside, and receive calls with no problems at all. I am so new to this VoIP and SIP and PBX, but I love how nice it is, and hope I can replace few of old pbx'es with this solution, just love how much power it has and all... Anyway thank you for any help.

3. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

Disallow use of extension outside the LAN still enabled for your extension?

Assuming the firewall checker has passed and the SIP trunk you are using is setup correctly.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Chris W.

Have you created an outbound rule? Does that match the number you are dialling? check the activity log of the PBX as that will give you a clue as to why the call is failing. We also have a guide for setting up Twilio, which is a good place to start.

5. Chris W.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was missing :) created rule and it works like a charm :))))) so super happy. Now I need to find wbere I can pay for full version of the software since I cannot buy it on a website :( I think I am ready to move forward with purchase :)

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad i could help :) I am sure you can find a 3CX partner to upgrade your licence. You can have a look here, or contact our sales department here so they can advise the best way to upgrade to a full version. Our sales department is closed for the holidays though. You can find the holidays opening hours here.

7. Chris W.

You are so awesome, all done :) many thanks for the help... Just purchased all that I need to set up my POC and hope it will all work well :) thank you for all the help and support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.