Unable to handle outbound calls on second analog line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by benoit.sauve, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benoit.sauve

Hi!

I use a Patton 4114 Gateway to receive and send calls to analog line. I have two analog lines and I use port 0 and port 1 on patton (port 2 and 3 are not used). I configured it with 3CX Phone System (4 ports even if I use only 2 physically).

I am able to receive two calls at the same time, no problems. I call make an outbound call if no lines are already used. But I cannot make outbound call if I have already first line with inbound call (line 2 is free). I receive a "Occupied" message when I try. I talked with Patton and they tell me to check my 3CX configuration, but I found nothing.

I need help. I tried to configure Hunting Mode to Cyclic instead of Normal, but it doesn't help.

Benoit

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

What version of 3CX is this with?

The v14 have new templates that look like there might be a minor bug in it. Go to PSTN Gateways, select your Patton device and make sure under General that "Max simultaneous calls" is set to 2.

I setup two of the SN4114 FXO's yesterday and told it that it was 4 S.C. but 3CX configured it for 1 S.C. for each.

Changing this value should fix the issue. The Patton device will be configured for the 4 lines based on what you did but it is generally smart enough to know which of the two lines of yours have dial tone and put the calls out through them.

If you still have issues with it after that you can open the web interface of the Patton, go to "Ports, FXO" and disable FXO 0/2 and 0/3.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

I just reviewed the updated 3CX documentation for the Patton FXO available here:

http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-smartnode-sn4112/

It looks like you and I both missed step 4 where it says to put the number of channels in a second time.

For you set this to 2 but you will want to go into the Patton device after to Ports/FXO and disable ports 0/2 and 0/3.

PM me if you still have trouble.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. benoit.sauve

Hi!

I did exactly what you said. I checked up everything. Still the same issue.

I use the latest version of 3CX Phone System 14. I configure 4 ports but 2 channels in step #4. I disabled port2 and 3 in Patton after that.

Benoit

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3CX server log show, when you attempt one of the failing calls, that should be going out on the second trunk?

6. benoit.sauve

Hi!

Here is the log :

29-oct.-2015 08:06:41.195 [CM503003]: Call(C:83): Call to <sip:4507630325@192.168.1.5:5060> has failed; Cause: 486 Busy Here/INVITE from 192.168.1.5:5060
    29-oct.-2015 08:06:25.097 [CM503003]: Call(C:82): Call to <sip:106@192.168.1.7:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Terminated/INVITE from 192.168.1.56:54107

There is nothing else. Only these two lines in the log and the line is busy.

Benoit

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is this the IP of the gateway? 192.168.1.5

Was call 82 related to this? If so, how?

8. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

I have now gone line with this 2x SN4114 4 Port FXO and having the same issues. I called 3CX and the wireshark shows that the Patton responds 486 busy here. I have put a ticket in with Patton now as 3CX suggested.

I asked if I could use the 12.5 patton template but he said likely that won't work with 14 because the variables are different.

Will post how this gets resolved.

For this customer I'm routing all outbound through voip provider for now.

9. benoit.sauve

Hi,

Ok I'm happy to see that someone else has the same problem. I'll wait for your post. Hope to resolve this issue soon.

Benoit

10. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

OK this issue is now resolved. 3CX saw the patton report 486 with Wireshark and said for me to call Patton.

Cudos to Daniel from Patton for the fix. Daniel will get in touch with 3CX to have the template fixed for v14.

Resolution:
    -Open the Patton Gateway with the web Gui through the web browser
    -Go to Telephony-Call Router
    -Go to Services
    -Select "HG_to_FXO"
    -Scroll to the bottom and select "user-busy" from the drop down and click the button to the right to add it
    -Scroll to the bottom and also select "destination-out-of-order" from the drop down and click the button to the right to add it

Now click Save so that this commits the changes to memory and on reboot the Patton will still have the updated configuration.

Test and breath a sigh of relief.

11. benoit.sauve

Hi!

It works! thanks a lot for your help. Good news if Patton template is updated for 3CX. We won't have to think about this configuration every time we configured it.

Benoit

12. AlexanderHanna

Thank you! This also helped me big time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.