unable to implement 3cx in multiple subnets or different ip address on intranet

Discussion in 'Android' started by piyushbandi, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piyushbandi

I am raising a new topic for urgent help,

Currently 3cx systems is working fine in my local lan which starts with ip address 192.168.2.X . but i want to implement it on android phone with different ip address starting from 192.168.100.x . Please note that i do not want allow user to use 3cx phone out of the office . I do not want to use 3cx tunnel or SBC . The system should understand both ip as local lan.

The problem I am facing is , I do not get presence information over the android phone as well as it is connecting and disconnecting many times. so how do i implement it in 2 different subnets. Please help.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried changing the subnet masks, on the devices involved (Routers/DHCP servers & devices) to 255.255.0.0 ?

3. piyushbandi

no , it is in the same subnet mask.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not clear on what you answer is actually telling me... No, you haven't tried changing the subnet mask to what I suggested, or, no, it is already that way and it still doesn't work.

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Sounds like network problems here.

Typically these network addresses are not on the same mask or same subnet.. unless you widen your mask as leejor has described.

The LOCALSUBNETS parameter already calls out 192.168.0.0/16, so drop your "Out of Office" host/IP and clear the tunnel checkbox.. leaving just your LAN address. Other than that.. ping your PBX's LAN address, use Fing or some other app for that purpose on Android. Sounds like a networking problem here.. likely wifi is in a DMZ and isn't fully routed to your LAN..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.