Unable to install 3CX Client

Discussion in 'Windows' started by athanasios, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. athanasios

I have tried to install the 3CX VOIP Client but get the following error.

‘Setup has detected that #CX IP PBX System is installed on this computer. Please de-install 3CX IP PBX System before proceeding with the 3CX VOIP Client installation.’ (see attached).
    I have downloaded the 3CX VOIP Client last version 727 numerous times but get the same error.
    I use 3CX Phone system ver. 6.0.806.0 with MS Vista SP1.
    Any suggestion please?
    Thank you.

2. Stuck101

There is another post here directly related to this: http://www.3cx.com/forums/unable-to-install-3cx-voip-client-6564.html

3. athanasios

Thank you for your reply.
    Could you tell me where I can find the previous version?
    Thank you for your help.

4. athanasios

Dear Matt,

As the latest version of v6 and client aren't being allowed on the same computer by 3cx, that is the reason that I asked the last version.
    I need to use the 3CX Phone together with 3CX VOIP Client on the same computer. I don't need to dedicate a separate computer for the 3CX VOIP Client.
    Thank you for your help.

5. athanasios

Thank you Matt,

My email is apmarine@apmarine.com and I can accept till 10MB.
    I need to use both programs on the same computer because I've the necessity to use the outlook contacts from the deskphone.
    Sure I can use other software programs like x-lite or Bria but I don't have the possibility to auto-dial the number from outlook and speak directly from the deskphone.
    As I am new with this program I like to know also how to configure the 3CX client to directly the call to the desktop phone. I've to use the same extension on both soft-phone and deskphone? I believe that is not possible or there is another option. I tried to find out on the manual but it’s not clear.
    “The 3CX VOIP Client is a small Windows application that allows you to make and receive calls via your desktop phone or using a headset connected directly to your computer”.

6. athanasios

Tank you Matt, I received your email with the attached file by I am unable to open the file.
    Anyhow I found a previous release, is working fine.
    I like to ask you if you know how to solve the following.

I have the following problem with outlook 2007. I click on contact to call with 3CX client and the number displayed is without the prefix country and area code. The outlook contact is under the form +30(xxx) xxx xxxx and 3CX client display only the phone number xxx xxxx.
    I formulated the following ‘dialing option, automatic add country/region call for local phone, edit and I used my country ‘Greece’ but even now I can’t make the phone call as missing the prefix, country and region.
    Did you have any solution? I found a way around using INMARSAT as country and automatically I have all missing details and I can make phone call. This is not the best way but in this way I can solve the problem.
    Thank you for your assistance.

7. athanasios

Dear Matt good day,
    At the moment is the only problem that I’ve.
    I hope the next release use MS Net Framework.
    Thank you for your attention, have a nice day.

8. athanasios

It's nice similar to Vista view.
    Except the nice view did you know any particular of the new program?
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.