Unable to install 3CX v12.5 SP1 [solved]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eth0, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eth0

    Joined:
    May 1, 2015
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    We recently upgraded from 12.0 to 12.5. The upgrade was successful and everything is working fine. The only thing that does not work is the upgrade to SP1. SP1 downloads to approximately 75% and then I get the following error message:

    "An exception occurred UpdatesChecker error. Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(byte[], Int32 offset, Int32 size) at WebGuiInterface.UpdatesChecker.GetResponse(WebRequestState reqState)"

    All other updates download fine without problems and when 12.0 was installed all Service Packs also downloaded and installed without problems. We are not using a proxy server and our firewall also does not seem to block anything.
     
  2. pj3cx

    pj3cx Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2013
    Messages:
    645
    Likes Received:
    1
    Re: Unable to install 3CX v12.5 SP1

    Hi there,
    Kindly open a support ticket on this matter through your reseller so we can troubleshoot further.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eth0

    Joined:
    May 1, 2015
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I tried to open a support ticket via our reseller. Unfortunately they did not reply to me. I found out what the problem was. Out firewall was blocking the download because it detected a virus but it did not write anything to the logs. I changed the policy and was able to download and install 12.5 SP1.
     
  4. craigreilly

    craigreilly Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2012
    Messages:
    3,321
    Likes Received:
    253
    I encountered a similar message in the email setup when I changed from using on site Exchange to local IIS SMTP Server... I guess the Firewall may have been the issue there. I ended up setting up a 365 connector and it worked fine.
    I'll have to keep this one in mind.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.