Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Unable to Install 3CX Voip Client

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Stuck101, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuck101

For some reason, I am now unable to install the Voip Client on my PC which the 3CX PBX is also installed on. I continually receive an error message stating that 3CX pbx has been detected on your PC, please un-install the PBX before installing the voip Client. So, I backed up everything, uninstalled the PBX, installed the Client, and now it is telling me to uninstall the Client before installing the PBX. :| So, basically it will only allow me to install one or the other!

Is it no longer possible to run both the PBX & Client on the same PC (never had a problem in the past)?

Running the latest 3CX version 6.0.806.0 on Win XP Pro SP3

Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No this is not possible. It was never supported and was causing many problems.

As of the latest build this is enforced.

3. Stuck101

Thanks for the replies guys,

I was hoping it was a bug during install rather than a new installation requirement!

The problem with this is that now, in order to use the 3CX Client, users will have to have 3CX PBX running on a seperate machine where prior to this release that was not required. This will be an issue for alot of small businesses as well as home users. Basically, unless 3CX Pbx is running on a seperate server, then "someone" can no longer have a 3CX Client at their workstation. :cry:

Can this be re-thought?

Thanks!

4. Stuck101

Hello Matt,
    Actually, I wanted to try out the new 3CX TAPI functions along with IdentaPop and Outlook, however, (as you know) have to have the 3CX Client installed on the same machine to do this. :|

5. Akebono

Keith,

Please give us an option to override this - I don't care whether I need to edit the register or not. Everything was working fine until 3CX decided for me it didn't.

I accept full responsibility for system crashes etc. etc. etc. and I really think that a big warning about possible issues will work much better then enforcing small office people to buy a second computer system.

6. Akebono

You can override this by renaming the 3CX directory in your Windows registry to 3CXb or something.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can work around this using a VM.

If you *really* want this please submit it as a feature request.

8. Stuck101

Keith, the only people that wouldn't want this are the ones running 3CX on a dedicated machine! 8)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you submit this as a feature request it will be included in future builds if enough people see the need for it. It's the fairest way of prioritising features.

10. Stuck101

I actually did go ahead & post this in the new feature requests.
    Thank you for your assistance Keith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.