• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Unable to install new version of 3CX on Windwos 10 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard P OConnor

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Receiving at the very end of the Install attempting to start the PBX :

PostInstall.SetupException: Error starting database service: 3CX PhoneSystem Database Server at PostInstall.SetupExecutor.StartDbService() at PostInstall.SetupExecutor.ExecuteSetup(SetupSettings setupSettings, Action`1 stateChanged, Action`1 errorNotifier) at PbxWebConfigTool.PbxSetupService.CreatePbxInternal(SetupSettings settings)

Hi Folks

New member and Reseller here ! First attempt is usually the one You have the most trouble on .....

Windows 10 Version 10.0.7134 Build 17134

Attempted to install a 3CX PBX on my windows 10 Pro machine , shut off anti Virus for the program , but every time I attempt a new installation , I get the above error(s) !!

It seems to accept all of my changes until I get to the end to run the PBX then it will not start . No event Viewer errors and pbx config tool is running in the back ground No apps of 3CX are running . Prior to this there were apps running , but after the second attempt of removing and re installing , no 3CX apps are now running either . Any help would be appreciated as I followed the post install checklist by stopping virus scans on the 2 directories . I was wondering if I was blocking anything on the firewall but it does not seem to be ..

Any help would be appreciated !

Thank You in advance !!

Regards

Rich

Try installing it on another computer? Then at least you'd know if where the problem is. Haven't had any problems installing on Windows 10 myself.

Hey Thx for the reply ! Somehow it was tied to the FQDN or the License .

I had an existing license and used that key tied to another FQDN and somehow it would not start the PBX as it gave the error listed in my post . I removed and re installed on a 2nd Key license , building another FQDN and it booted up and loaded ! So I went back , removed that old install and domain and rebuilt it with a new FQDN and its working fine now .

Appreciate the quick reply and thx !

Yay for uninformative error messages! Glad you figured it out.

Reactions: Richard P OConnor
Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Reactions: Richard P OConnor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.