Unable to Install

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PLMGi, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLMGi

I had version 3CX V3 and recently I dowloaded the latest version V5. Inorder to install the laterest version, we need to uninstall the previous version. I did that but the latest version says there is an error code 2738 and stop the installation of the latest version. What is the problem here and how do I install the latest version on my computer? :oops:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. landfiets

landfiets New Member

What Windows version are you using? That might cause the problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

When using Windows Vista (any version): Right-click the 3cx installation file and select "Run as Administrator"

That will fix it

4. sabalsam

Can you give us a a more complete understanding of your environment?

More specifically can you tell us the operating system that you are using as well as the amount of memory and the processor speed?

Information is always useful when troubleshooting a problem.

Seth Balsam
    Fort Lauderdale

5. PLMGi

Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU 6300@ 1.86Ghz 1.87 GHz
    Ram: 1015 MB
    System Type: 32-bit operating system

I right click and run as administrator - return with the same remark

6. dharvey

I get the same errror here. Vista Home Premium. Tried running as Admin with no luck.

7. landfiets

landfiets New Member

I think you should upgrade to a different vista. At least I heard it only works with XP pro and Vista Ultimate or Business.
    Maybe I am wrong but that could be causing your problems. Please try XP pro or Windows 2003 server. you can always run that on a Virtual Machine on your normal Vista configuration

8. dharvey

It works on XP Home - I just installed in on this old laptop since it would not install on this new Vista Home Premium machine.

9. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Okay great, so that is atleast working. Hopefully with newer Vista updates it will also be possible there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.