Unable to make calls from company directory

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jaquilina, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaquilina

Hi guys,

I have setup a client of mine with 3cx and today I got them using the company phone book. The funny thing is that when one chooses a number in the company directory, through snow 710 sip phone, the client gets a not found.

Is there something that I need to configure or should this be a plug and play feature?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

On the phone display?

Did you look at the 3CX server log to see if a number was presented to the PBX?

3. jaquilina

Yes this was on the display of the snom 710 phone.

There is nothing out of the ordinary in the logs. I am wondering since I have the mobile numbers going out on a gsm gateway, the berofix 400, if that is a configuration issue relating to requiring 356 to display the name of the person via caller id on inbound calls.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So a caller selects the name to call, hits "dial" (or in some way initiates the call)...at that point, what does the 3CX log show?
    Does it show a call was placed? Does it show nothing at all (the call never "left" the set)?

Is the display on the set telling the caller that an outbound route was not found ?(this would be confirmed in the 3CX log)

5. jaquilina

Where can i find the log files on the system as the management console log is a bit tough to filter what im searching for.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It is probably a good idea to do this after hours, when it's quiet, as you won't have a lot of other calls showing in the log.

Open the Windows Management Console, open the Server Activity Log.

Place a call, one that is failing.

Refresh the log to see if the failed call, was, in fact, sent to the PBX.

If it did, was there an error message as to why it didn't complete? Incorrect number, no outbound rule?

If there is no log, then the call is not leaving the set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.