Unable to make calls from private IP but able to receive

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by praneethkatru, Sep 22, 2007.

1. praneethkatru

Unable to make calls to private IP but able to receive

I have installed 3CX IP PBX on public IP server (No firewall or restriction) and installed X-lite soft phones on systems having private IPs and configured internal extensions on them. i am able to call those extensions but they are unable make calls (extensions on public IPs and private IPs also.). i have configured some extensions on public IPs, i am unable to both receive and make calls on them.

Please help me in resolving this issue of enabling calls from Internal IP phones.

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Well, if you got no firewalls, at all enabled then you need to make sure that STUN is working properly in order to be able to make and receive calls. Make sure that the softphones installed under public ips are resolving Stun. Also on 3cx, check Extension is External for those extensions....

Cheers

3. zakfleming

Although you said you have no firewalls, in newer versions of Windows there is a firewall built in and enabled by default. Is yours enabled?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you make extension to extension calls?

5. praneethkatru

Dear itfarmer

No extension to extension calls also (with in private IP)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok,

Private IP to public IP does not work.
    Private IP to Private IP ??
    Public IP to Private IP does not work.

When you dial from a private IP to a public IP or visa versa you do NAT somewhere. The SIP protocol does not like that to much (hence most people like AIX).

To make it work you need a STUN server, I suggest you either configure the stun server (not sure if the 3cx.stun is back up) or install one locally.

Alternative stun server you can use stun.fwdnet.net that one is up.