Unable to make calls through InPhonex - others ok

Discussion in 'Windows' started by gpsjeff717, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpsjeff717

My 3CX VoIP Client will not make outgoing calls through InPhonex.
    I am not using with PBX, only as a VoIP client to directly connect to various VoIP services as a softphone.
    InPhonex is the only one I cannot make outgoing calls through.

This seems strange for various reasons:

1. The 3CX VoIP Client will successfully place outgoing calls using Les.net, CallCentric, and voip.ms.
    2. I am always connected to InPhonex using my Linksys PAP2T-NA ATA with no problems. It is my primary VoIP phone line and generally works just fine with the ATA.
    3. I even tested with WengoPhone softphone(OpenWengo.org) and that worked with InPhonex OK.
    4. The InPhonex user Control Panel shows that the 3CX client is registered on their server. I even made a test call between my ATA connected to InPhonex primary virtual number and called to the 2nd virtual number (3CX client registered to 2nd VN) and was able to pickup the call on the 3CX client.
    It just won't make outgoing calls from Inphonex. Even if I try registering to my primary InPhonex VN... it will not call out.
    5. 3CX client always gives "Server Error" message when I dial a number through InPhonex.

It appears that there is some incompatibility between 3CX VoIP Client and InPhonex.
    I have tried reconfigureing 3CX clinet various times with same results - it works with other SIP services, but not InPhonex?

Is it possible there is some bug with 3CX client that doesn't like InPhonex?
    It works with other SIP services OK....

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Do you still have this with the latest version?
    3CX Voip client works with Inphonex. (That Server Error message tells me that the 3cx VC version may not be the latest.)

Can you confirm this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gpsjeff717

Hi:
    I installed the client around April 26th, 2008. When I posted on this, I had thought I was using the latest version. I now see that it is version 5.1.4492.0

I will try to download latest and see how that goes...

4. gpsjeff717

I have now upgraded the softphone client to version 6.0.610.0

Now, not only can I not make calls directly connected through InPhonex, but I cannot make calls through Les.net??

However, now the problems are different than originally reported.

Originally, I got "Server Error" when placing outgoing call through InPhonex. And, I was successfully able to make outbound calls through Les.net, CallCentric, and Voip.ms.

Now, I no longer get the "Server Error" when placing the call through InPhonex.... but, the softphone says it is connected... and I hear no audio for the call??
    Now, also, I cannot hear audio after call is connected using Les.net. So, now I have problem with Les.net and InPhonex?? The problems are just different after upgrading to sofphone version 6.0.610.0

Keeping in mind that I can still successfully make outgoing calls directly though CallCentric and Voip.ms, as before the upgrade.

Also, I tested using my OpenWengo.org WengoPhone sofphone to test with the same voip services: Les.net, CallCentric, Voip.ms, and InPhonex. The WengoPhone softphone works just fine with all four services from my PC.
    But, now the 3CX Softphone Client will not have any audio output when connected to Les.net and InPhonex, but works good with CallCentric and Voip.ms??

So, what is going on with my 3CX softphone client is still a mystery for me....

When it works, it works good. I would prefer the 3CX softphone over OpenWengo.org WengoPhone, but I need to get it to work with Les.net and InPhonex....

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Inphonex fully works with 3CX Voipclient.

Can you send me your Voip client ini file? Send it to me by PM.

Make sure you have stun enabled and you restart the Voip client after you make profile change selections.

Les.net - I cannot confirm, maybe if I have the ini file I can help you. The ini file is found in
    C:\Documents and Settings\nicky\Local Settings\Application Data\3CX VoIP Client

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. gpsjeff717

Hi Nickybrg:
    Thanks for the reply.

Turning on Stun solved the problems!
    Thanks for the suggestion...

The reason I didn't think to do that is because I don't generally need Stun support for any of my Voip services. I have InPhonex connected to my Linksys PAP2T ATA and don't use stun support for the connection with InPhonex or any of the other Voip services I use with the ATA, or when using WengoPhone...

However, I think I tried the Stun service when using 3CX client version 5, but didn't work with it (best I recall). And, yesterday when upgraded to version 6 of the 3CX client I didn't think to try Stun support again. And, that does seem to be the trick with version 6 to function with InPhonex.

Stun support also fixed the issue with Les.net, which wasn't a problem with Les.net when using version 5...

Anyway, glad the mystery is solved and look forward to continueing using the 3CX client as my configurable softphone of choice.

I will certainly now recommend the 3CX Client softphone to others looking for a good configurable softphone.

Best Regards.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As a general rule, when you have an entity that needs to communicate with a service, like a voip provider, you have to inform the entity (the voip provider) on which IP and Port to contact you back. This is why you didn't receive audio. Audio was being sent but to a different destination not to your client.

Stun is most of the time needed in voip especially behind NAT.

The default profile for 1) VOIP PROVIDERS and 2) EXTERNAL EXTENSION MODE must always have STUN enabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.