Unable to make calls!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by haywardi, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haywardi

Hi,

My installation has been working without fault now for a couple of months. However, this afternoon I received a call on the back up service, so did some checking to find that registration to my SIP provider had failed sometime before 6:20am this morning and I suspect LONG before that (it had been trying every 10 minutes).

I restarted the services and it still failed (log 1 below). I then switched on my old PBX (hardware based) to see if it could connect IT DID.

Therefore suspecting that there was a problem on my server I restarted it. It still FAILED. (log 2 below)

I then switched the phone system onto backup properly.

I then started checking my settings (just in case my sip provider had changed something). found that the outbound proxy setting wasn't the recommended on so changed it.

3CX REGISTERED.

Thinking everything was now OK I called myself. It didn't work. Log did not show the call getting through. I then made an outbound call, it didn't connect! (see log 3)

Advise please on where I go from here?

Thanks in advance
    Iain

2. haywardi

EDITED OUT BY MFM DUE TO PUBLIC IPS.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3CX could not get the IP for your provider from a DNS server.

Something...firewall/router, bad network/settings, blocking incoming packets?

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi there,

Please do not post your public ips this is a public forums and not a private support ticket, doing so could be potentially dangerous.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. haywardi

Hi Sorry about that, wasn't thinking more focused on what was going on, or not....

We share the same thought regarding Network/fire wall and have already done the following:

1. A fire wall test - no problems detected.
    2. Internal network monitor ( from a managed switch) network not loaded.
    3. External network performance test - currently getting 5mb down 300k up - actual performance test.

Saw the nat.draytel entry in the first iteration, this was the setting I changed.

Then went a bit lateral. Registered a PAYG trunk at ORBTALK and registered this to the PBX. This registered and accepted calls! Therefore I thought the problem to be with DRAYTEL as a SIP provider. However, I'm getting very odd errors now with ORBTALK.

Namely, If I try to leave a message on voice mail, the line breaks up badly and after a few seconds drops the call. See edited server log below! Also observed that the default setting for incomming calls is to route to a ring group, this works fine. If unanswered in 15 seconds, it routes to a DR, the DR gives 4 options, one of which is to ring all the phones again (eg a call ring group option). When you use this option, it drops the call.

At this point I would say network problems. BUT, server where 3cx installed only sing 2-3% network and overall bandwidth utilisation around 3%.... Now very confused.

All help greatly appreciated,
    Iain

Log of dropped call below (with NO IP's)

17:24:34.041 [CM503008]: Call(16): Call is terminated
    17:24:34.031 [CM503021]: Call(16): ACK is not received
    17:24:29.135 Currently active calls - 1: [16]
    17:24:20.992 [CM503007]: Call(16): Device joined: sip:111@127.0.0.1:40600;rinstance=24772dcef040a772
    17:24:20.974 [CM505001]: Ext.111: Device info: Device Identified: [Man: 3CX Ltd.;Mod: Voice Mail Menu;Rev: General] Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [3CX Voice Mail Menu] PBX contact: [sip:111@127.0.0.1:5060]
    17:24:20.973 [CM503002]: Call(16): Alerting sip:111@127.0.0.1:40600;rinstance=24772dcef040a772
    17:24:20.817 [CM503025]: Call(16): Calling Ext:Ext.111@[Dev:sip:111@127.0.0.1:40600;rinstance=24772dcef040a772]
    17:24:20.748 [CM503004]: Call(16): Route 1: Ext:Ext.111@[Dev:sip:111@127.0.0.1:40600;rinstance=24772dcef040a772]
    17:24:20.747 [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:200@127.0.0.1:5060;user=vmail>
    17:24:20.744 [CM505003]: Provider:[OrbTalk] Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [] PBX

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is why the call dropped. What caused that is the question. Did anything change on your network just before the problems began? Does your network incorporate a switch, that could be replaced or bypassed, as a test? They have been known to "go bad"

7. haywardi

Nothing changed on the network for weeks.

However, I do have a backup switch, just in case of failure. Will swap out tomorrow to see if it corrects the problem.

But if we're looking at hardware failure I guess the NIC card itself could also be the problem!

Iain

8. haywardi

Been thinking.........

The DNS errors that appear in my original log continue to appear when I reboot now..... and rest of network running workout problem.

Therefore perhaps my server has a problem....

Only way to properly tell is to install 3cx on another system.. If I stop all services on original host, then install 3cx on a new host, point my phones at new host, get new host to register with my SIP providers, then, it should work right?

Or is there something else I might need to consider?

Iain

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the new server had the same IP as the existing on, then you shouldn't have to change any other settings. Just apply your latest 3CX backup. I always keep them on USB sticks (duplicates), makes them easy to move to a new system if needed, it also means you won't loose them if a hard drive fails.

10. haywardi

Ok here is what I did.

1. Changed the switch - No Impact
    2. Changed the router - No Impact
    3 Changed the server - Read on

Here's how I changed the server

1. Backed-up the old PBX
    2. Clean install on new server - loading setting from old server
    3. Modified new server address to old server ip address.
    4. Loaded license key

Phones registered and so did sip providers.

HOWEVER

Made a test outgoing call (it doesn't matter which of the two SIP providers I use at this stage - DRAYTEL & ORBTALK FYI)

Phones rang! Picked up but no Audio.

Shut down PBX server & tunnel, ran fire wall test - ALL OK

restarted PBX - made test outgoing call - NO AUDIO.

Made a test incoming call, phones rang no audio.

ARRGHHHH :)

Must be something simple, but what???????

All help gratefully received.
    Iain

11. haywardi

Oops log file

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.