Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Unable to make emergency calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by C Burden, Dec 7, 2018 at 10:21 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C Burden

Hello,
    We are currently working on setting up and switching over to a 3CX phone system from an Alcatel-Lucent/Omnivista setup. everything has gone well so far and we are almost ready for the switchover, the only issue being that we are unable to make outbound emergency calls to 999 or 112 (we are UK based).

To the best of our knowledge we have set up 3cx and out BeroNet gateway correctly, we have outbound rules set to pass 999 to the SIP Trunk, and have set the emergency numbers in Settings > PBX > Emergency Numbers, I've attached images of these also.

Looking at the log from what I understand the call is being passed correctly to our gateway from 3cx and then to our ISDN line, I've attached the log if anyone can shed any light on this?

EmergencyNumbers.PNG OutboundRules.PNG

Thanks,
    Carl

Attached Files:

D Garfield likes this.
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @C Burden

The first thing to know is that you do not need outbound rules since emergency numbers are set under the PBX settings. I do not think this is related to your issue but it will clear your configuration a bit.
    From the logs i can see that the call is passed to the Beronet gateway and the Beronet is trying to send the call out (as far as we can see).
    I would recommend performing a capture on the PBX machine and through the Beronet appliance to see if all is sent correctly. If you verify that all is OK, the next step is to contact the provider.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What do you get when you call the emergency number, anything...recording? Do you send any other 3 digit numbers on that gateway? If not, could there be a dialplan in the gateway that is preventing the call from proceeding?

4. C Burden

Thanks for the responses! In the end it was resolved by changing the Beronet firmware from 16.09 to 3.0.19 and reprovisioning it!

Rolling out 3cx sitewide tomorrow now!

Regards,
    Carl

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.