Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Unable to Make or Recieve after putting first call on hold

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Incorporat3d, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incorporat3d

Has been happening since 3CX first installed, I cant work out how to get the server version?

2x Local Phones and 1x Offsite (Mine)
    Product Information
    Product Name: SPA-942 Serial Number: xxxx
    Software Version: 5.1.10 Hardware Version: 1.0.1(973e)

1x Manager's Phone
    Product Information
    Product Name: SPA501G Serial Number: xxxx
    Software Version: 7.4.3a Hardware Version: 1.0.0(0001)

Phones were all working with a mini Asterisk unit until Telstra did something on the line and it never booted again. But when it did work we were able to put someone on hold and answer the next call.

We now have a Dell Server running Windows 7 on Mirrored 500GB HDD's with 3CX and a Patton 4114 until we can get rid of Commander and there stupid contracts preventing us going on the NBN, but when this was put online with the old phones if Ext100 is on the phone, it then rings on 101 and 102 and they can pickup the call, but 100 cant put there call on hold and then answer it. So currently the receptionist is running to the spare desk during busy times.

I have found the answer more than 1 call at a time using phone status on 3CX but cant get it to work. Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Unable to Make or Recieve after putting first call on ho

Are extensions 100, 101 and 102 in a ring group? Does the set have a second appearance of extension 100 on a second key?

If there is only one extension appearance on each set, and a call comes in to a ring group, any member that is busy cannot simply put the call on hold and then expect that line to then begin ringing. You would have to put two appearances of the primary extension number on two separate keys. If the first were in use, the second appearance would ring.

3. Incorporat3d

100, 102, 103 and 830 (My Remote Phone) are all in a ring group. The phones by default showed 4 copy's of there extension down the side of the screen, i just tried using number 4 and was able to call voicemail. If i pick the phone up it selects the first one by default.

Last night i tried setting up the second ext tab on phone 100, so that it show's up now under phones as a second phone with another port number logging it with the exact same info, surely each phone shouldn't have 2 extension numbers?

I spoke to the receptionist today, he advised that he can now see 1 and 2 flash when it rings and he can hear two ringtones now at the same time, when he picks up it answers the second button. When he puts that call on hold after hearing the other phone ring, he still can not answer anything else and has to run to the other phone.

He also mentioned that when the manager was on the phone earlier with an outbound made from her office, he was not able to make a call despite the site having 2 lines on the system. Don't know if this is related.

What you said makes sense, the two appearances but i don't think what i have done is the answer as im sure the phone isn't supposed to show in 3CX more than once? only think i can think of is something to do with Phone Status? but i know nothing about it :(

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

No firmware updates have been done since this started occuring?
    I remember when we first bought Yealink, DSS keys could not be pressed when the phone was "off-hook".
    Just talking out loud here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In fact the second line key appearance will show in 3CX as an additional extension, no different than it it were programmed on another physical set in a different location. The only difference, in this case, is that it shares the same IP (but different port). Extension 100 could appear on multiple sets, as long as you have checked that you want that extension to be able to accept more than one call at a time, then all will ring, on an incoming call and if one is in use, the others can still place calls. It is referred to as "SIP Forking".

6. Incorporat3d

Finally Fixed....

I set everything back to how it was, enabled "I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time" then found a hidden option.

Settings -> Advanced -> Custom Parameters. Then find "ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP" and change the value from 0 to 1.

Phone settings are still single registration for EXT 1 and all other button follow this profile in the phone. Works now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.