• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

unable to make outgoing calls and no audio over internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatson

Reaction score
first problem is. i have 3cx softphone on my uncles laptop. It will ring. but no audio. i also have Sipon on my iphone it works while connected to the lan. but once i go outside my network i have no audio also.

other problem is i just got a Linksys 3102 i can get incomming calls. but outgoing it takes for ever to dial and then says unable to place call.

You have a few issues. I would suggest that the "no audio' problem is due to some ports not being open or forwarded on your router. Have you done all of the port forwarding needed at the router at the 3CX end? Is the laptop being used on the same LAN as 3CX or from outside as well. If both devices are located outside, make sure that you have STUN set up to work on both devices.

As far as the 3102...if you are getting a recording, I assume it is from your phone company, then you are probably sending out the wrong digits. The 3Cx server logs will show you exactly what you are sending to the 3102. I suggest you double check your outbound rule, you may not be stripping off or are adding on some unnecessary digits.

outside of my lan. I have checked i actully have DMZ to my server. and windows firewall is turned off.

I suggest you run the firewall checker tool in 3CX to check that NAT/Port Forwarding is working correctly.

If you search these forums for 3102 you will find people with similar issues with dialling time.

3102 is working now. it was my error. it's little slow. but it will work util i get my other unit.

i ran the firewall checker and everything passed.

i was playing with it last night turned stunn off since i do have static IP's didn't work uncheck PBX delivers audio no luck.

i also picked up a WIP330 and no luck with that. it says connected i can make calls out. but not calls in

the 330 works. i can call int ext to ext. but when i get a call on my PTSN line. and i select that ext it just rings and rings. the 330 doesn't ring at all

I look at the Logs i don't have any errors. 3cx doesn't even show it's ringing when i try to call that number
I just made a outgoing call with no problems. but incomming isn't work

First off I would say that you are a very brave man to have a machine completely excposed to the internet without even the windows firewall turned on. You are certainly are braver than me. This does however still sound like a firewall issue and believe it or not, some firewalls, even though the DMZ is enabled are still applying their filters to the packets. You have not mentioned which firewall you have but since you said it works properly on the internal LAN but not from outside it is most certainly an external networking issue. Whether its your firewall or your ISP, it is happening on the WAN side of your connection.

jmatson said:
he 330 works. i can call int ext to ext. but when i get a call on my PTSN line. and i select that ext it just rings and rings. the 330 doesn't ring at all

I'm not quite sure what you are saying here, what do you mean by "and i select that extension"...Is the 330 a part of a ring group? Is it inside or outside your LAN? Do you have STUN enabled on it if outside the LAN?

I have a WIP300 which has travelled with me around the world and with a few exceptions has performed flawlessly at hotspots for both incoming and outgoing.

it's inside my lan.

if i use 3cx softphone dial that ext 100 the phone won't ring.
it's also part of a call group as well.
i have disabled the stun for use inside my network. and enabled it.

my problem seems to be the DR lady.
when i set it to connect directly to that ext i got calls no problems from outside my network. it freaked me out.

but when i set it to go through the DR i don't get a call on the WIp330

I moved 3cx to my other win 2008 server. this one has a Public static ip. and is behind no firewall. besides windows firewall with it disabled and ports opened on the firewall i am not able to hear any voice outside my lan. using any phone.

jmatson said:
I moved 3cx to my other win 2008 server. this one has a Public static ip. and is behind no firewall. besides windows firewall with it disabled and ports opened on the firewall i am not able to hear any voice outside my lan. using any phone.

This still sounds like an issue with your ISP or your WAN..

What make/model of router are you using? - Have you disabled it's firewall and setup port forwarding?

Comcast cable modem. firewall is disabled. it's a SMC cable modem
with a Public Static i don't need to enable port forwarding on this modem.

SMC-8014

Lets wake this up. I have all my other problems fixed. NOW i must get the no audio part fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.